PDA

View Full Version : 86 Tecate w/500 motor

jb104
04-10-2012, 09:06 PM
I saw this on CL Los Angeles. I don't know if he is a member but I sent a pm and he said 4 grand is his bottom line. I couldn't figure out how to post it on here but it is active as of today. Go on CL search window enter kx 500 and you will see the ad "Kx 500 trike bored out to 575" (Toponga) its in the hills outside of LA. It looks pretty sweet maybe someone on here looking to buy one has the funds.:p

dksix
04-10-2012, 09:58 PM
To post a link: highlight the ULR, right click on the highlighted ULR and click "copy". In the post window right click and click "paste", the link will be where the courser was when you clicked in the post window. Be sure to leave a space before and after the url.
As far as the KX 500 bored out to 575cc, it might take would take more than boring. Stock bore (at least for the 86 I got over the weekend) is 86mm and stock stroke is also 86mm. To get 575cc out of an 86mm stroke you would have to go to a 92.25mm bore. That's nearly a quarter inch over bore. I'm not an engine builder and know very little about the size a KX500 cylinder can be bored to but that sounds like a lot to me. I'm not saying the statement is false but most of the statements I see in Craigslist listing like that are made by people don't know exactly what they are talking about. Many times I've been told things like it's bored to 280 but when I question it deeper we find that it had been bored +.030. Well boring a 250cc cylinder over .030" or .75mm doesn't yield a displacement of 280mm, more like a displacement of 254cc. I've told people before "boring 30 over doesn't give you 30 more cc's" And the most common response it "that's what the guy who builds engines for 40 years told me it would be".

Swinger
04-10-2012, 10:47 PM
If it is the same trike Im thinking it is a sweet trike and has been for sale for a while now.