PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Tecate Questions

Grahm
04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I am going to buy a 85' Tecate Friday and was wondering what to look for.It does have the flywheel and stator replaced with RickyStator's,fresh re-sleeve, and aftermarket pipe.Runs great.

I just hope I wont be disappointed with it after coming from a Tri-Z ? I never had any problems with my Z just wanted something different so I sold it yesterday and im going to buy the tecate.

I already have a raptor shock to upgrade the stock one and since the flywheel and stators new is there anything else I might need to get/upgrade?

Cujo909
04-15-2012, 10:27 PM
I personally would not go from a tri-z to an air cooled kaw. 86 was the only year of the liquid cooled kips power valve Motor. Those are bad ass.

T3 LOPES
04-15-2012, 10:48 PM
84 and 85 tecates were both liquid cooled. dont know what this guy is talking about. some people just dont know much about anything. lol id check the main bearing by removeing the stator cover and moveing the fly up and down. if theres no play its good see if the shifter is welded to the shaft , check for case damage. just look for the obvious

Cujo909
04-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Sorry I spoke wrong about the liquid cooled t3 lopes. You are right I know nothing and should not even bother to comment on here, you are the great God of this form and showed great class in not just correcting me but insulting me as well. Great Job!!!!

T3 LOPES
04-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Your welcome! Just here to help. Did mean to offened u.

kawasaki666
04-17-2012, 10:51 AM
First off, I'd get rid of that steel sleeve! Get the cylinder plated. It will last alot longer! Millenuim Technologies does an awsome job, with a quick return. Had my 85' done 6 yrs ago. I just disasembled it on Sat. for a much needed restoration. Not a mark to be seen on the piston or cylinder. I also have an 84' that I'm setting up for the Ice Races next year. Had Millinium Tech. do that cylinder also, $230. Well worth it!!! Enjoy your Tecate! Ride it like you stole it!!!