PDA

View Full Version : 200x cam chain slide/adjuster

jman
04-15-2012, 12:17 PM
hello, i picked up another 200x the other day for a decent price..got home and cleaned her up..has great compression and a really good spark but still not running..so i checked fuel and its getting fuel..checked with the guy i got it from and he said they put a new topend on and it ran like a top till one day it stopped.. he also said it was making some noise so i checked the cam chain, sure enuff it was way to loose so i adjusted as stated how to in my book, still too loose so i took the slider/ tensioner off and it looks pretty worn.. could this make my timing off? i went ahead and order a new chain and slide.. hope this helps

yaegerb
04-15-2012, 01:15 PM
a chain being loose won't cause a motor to stop automatically. When you took the top-end off, did it look like the previous owner did a refresh? My guess is when he put it back together he didn't time it correctly. Timing is really easy, just follow the book. Make sure the "T" on the flywheel is lined up with the cam "0" between the V grooves on the rocker cover. Once your "T" is correct, then make sure your "F" is aligned with the pulse rotor line. My guess is you have a good spark but its not hitting on the F mark.

jman
04-15-2012, 01:40 PM
ya it has a fresh topend, piston looks like new and the valves are spotless.. i only gave $250 and most of it was there.. had to get a air box, switch and clean it up.. the front brakes are junk well atleast the master is..any idea what fits?

jman
04-15-2012, 01:44 PM
oh and its missing the entire back brake,rotor hub and all.. found a hub and disc. ive heard that a cr80-85 front brake works?? would like to find out before i order anything

yaegerb
04-15-2012, 01:45 PM
just rebuild the master and brakes. Its pretty easy.

yaegerb
04-15-2012, 01:54 PM
oh and its missing the entire back brake,rotor hub and all.. found a hub and disc. ive heard that a cr80-85 front brake works?? would like to find out before i order anything

Do a search on ebay. You can buy a brand new rear brake for the 200x for 100 bucks. Or you can buy and rebuild an older one. Why do you want to mix parts? Just stick with the parts that work for the bike.