PDA

View Full Version : kingquad bogs when gas is hit

Nubbinz
04-15-2012, 04:00 PM
I have a 93 kingquad 250. I took it out for a ride yesterday and it would randomly stall after running WOT. Today it idles fine but if I bearly hit the gas it stalls. Its not the carb because it only sat for 3 days and the gas in it is a week old. All I can think of is the fuel shutoff valve is clogged. Thx for any advice

Scootertrash
04-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Unplug the fuel line at the carb and open the valve and see how the fuel flows at both regular and reserve. Fuel lines can degrade over time and break down letting chunks of crap plug the line.

It only sat for three days since what?
I know you say it's not the carb, but....
When was the last time the carb was cleaned? Over time you can still get crap in your fuel bowl and it can plug stuff up.
You could have water in the tank or the bowl of the carb, or both.

Nubbinz
04-15-2012, 10:44 PM
By sitting three days I mean I rode it and it was perfect, it sat for 3 days then I rode it and it randomly stalled 2 or 3 times over an hour. Then today it stalls any time the throttle is pressed. And I tried running it on every petcock setting and it was the same. The petcock has on, pri, and res. I just finished draining the fuel, its got a vaccum fuel pump so fuel dosnt come out of the petcock unless its running so I had to unscrew it and let the fuel drip into a funnel and go into a can. Tomorrow I'm going to pull that apart and check it out. I believe I have some rubber vaccum line for cars, ill re do the fuel line and any carb vaccum lines and clean the petcock with carb spray. If it still dosnt want to work guess ill be back here with more questions.

Nubbinz
04-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Well.. just goes to show you shouldn't overlook the little things or jump to conclusions. It was the spark plug. Ive never had one cause an Atv to not accelerate but still let it run, but at two bucks for one you should at least check it if your not having luck with trouble shooting.