PDA

View Full Version : 86 atc250r with fmf pipe problem

Cujo909
04-15-2012, 10:20 PM
86 r with fmf fatty pipe.... The problem is 1. Top hanger does not line up with rubber hanger mount.
2. Dg can won't fit pipe, fmf power core 2 will not fit pipe either, the pipe clears all things on trike and looks like the one cause everything else lines up fine, but is it still the wrong pipe for r? I bought it with the pipe on it so that's were I'm at. The stock pipe mounts fine on it. Any input please....

Bigatc
04-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Are you sure they gave you the right pipe and silencer. Before i put the ESR pipe and silencer on I had an FMF pipe and silencer on it with no problems. Got pictures of the problem?

Cujo909
04-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Maybe not. I just have never ran across a pipe on a 2 stroke that basically matched up perfect besides hangers. It makes me think fmf had an old series and a improved one that only excepts the original power core. here is a pic of the r anyways. Thanks 145125

4x4van
04-16-2012, 05:01 PM
The upper hanger should be moveable somewhat; it's not "fixed".

Are you sure it's an FMF pipe? Did someone weld on nuts for the stock heat shield, 'cuz the FMF pipe does not have mounts for the stock heat shield?

DG can, & FMF power core...are you talking about silencers? When you say they won't fit the pipe...what exactly do you mean? They won't slip on (different diameter)? They slip on but aren't aligned right, either with the mounts or ?? Again, perhaps the pipe is stock, and the silencers are for aftermarket pipes, although they are usually interchangeable if for the same model ATC?

Better pictures of the conflicting areas/parts would help us help you.