PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new parts bike!

Killbot
04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Picked up a 1985 250sx parts bike today for $175. Guy couldn't find the key, he said it ran last year . How do you bypass that? He said he would look harder for it tonight and mail it to me. Just as well oil was green.

ps2fixer
04-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Nice buy, I have noticed a lot of cheap three wheelers in my area for around the same price. Must be spring cleaning :). Are you looking to sell parts off it? I already bought a rear hand brake cable for my 85 250sx, but I might need other parts that I can't think of right now.

Is it missing the rear plastics or just not shown in the photo? Besides the key/fenders it looks complete, and if it runs well, that is a hell of a deal :).

Killbot
04-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Trying to keep it complete! Might even try to fix it and see if it runs. Just need to know how to bypass key issue?

Howdy
04-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Trying to keep it complete! Might even try to fix it and see if it runs. Just need to know how to bypass key issue?

Take the ignition switch to a Honda dealer and they can go by the number on the switch and make a key for it. It might cost $25-$35 but it's cheaper than a new switch.
Howdy

JJMF1979
04-22-2012, 12:31 AM
cant you just attach the wires that go to the switch? all a switch does is complete the circuit

Howdy
04-22-2012, 12:35 AM
cant you just attach the wires that go to the switch? all a switch does is complete the circuit

Yes, you can just totally unplug the switch and you should have spark. You won't have electric start, but you can still kick start it.
Howdy