PDA

View Full Version : ATC 125 Engine swap questions.

Robert.Connell
04-17-2012, 06:22 AM
I am a noob to this web sight and to three wheelers, I am a mechanic and I have the know how but have some questions. I have a 84 ATC 125 and the engine's transmission is completely stripped. I was going to rebuild the engine and get another tranny (if I could find one) but I noticed on ebay they have Lifan 125 cc engines. Has anyone swapped these into a ATC 125? I am willing to buy one because it looks like it will fit but I am not sure. It looks like it dont have a high low gear on it which I am fine with but the starter is mounted on top of the lifan and the atc 125 that I have the starter is mounted on bottom. I dont know if it will work with it or not but I rather have the electric start. The lifan also has kick start instead of the pull start which I also like more. Can someone shine some light on this for me? If that motor does not work what motors will? What is a good upgrade for the 125's?

Thanks

Rob

350XJEDI
04-17-2012, 12:46 PM
:DI think the lifen 125 is based on the smaller 70 model moter , it might fit with some mods but not bolt in , the 125trx is a bolt in if you can find one . electric start is nice !:cool: