PDA

View Full Version : 250r short track tank

gus
04-17-2012, 04:56 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hondaline-ATC-250r-Short-Track-Kit-Parts-1985-1986-HRC-Mugen-/190666390288?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c649a3b10

Another tank on ebay the shrouds look a bit diffrent?

Just to clarify the short track tank was ment for eacing correct instead of carring all that fuel with them?

whyzee
04-17-2012, 07:50 PM
It was meant for a much tighter turning radius. If that was complete with the tripe clamps you would see some big $for it

dirtface
04-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Those are definately some different shrouds. I am thinking maybe "old school" aftermarket from back in the day? Almost looks like they may have originally been white and someone painted them red?

gus
04-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Well that's what the guy said in the listing he said they were white and he painted them red he said thats how they came factory. He thinks there called factory works and then he was talking about a 200r? That some guy raced in 85 his name was steve wright. Is there such thing as a 200r? I never herd of it or maybe its a type o ??

yamaha driver
04-17-2012, 08:57 PM
yes there was a 200r.... dont ask me anything about it lol i just saw it on here and cant recall where

dirtface
04-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Steve Wright is cool!! And 200r is cool, definately not a type o? It is a 250r that has a 200 sleeve in the cylinder.

atc007
04-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Not sure what you're asking Andy? This auction is for an incomplete shorttrack kit with CT shrouds. It's missing the triple,and a LOT of the correct brackets,as you know! The seller says he isn't sure what he has,but the pics speak for themselves. Or am I missing something,lol..

dirtface
04-19-2012, 10:00 AM
When it comes right down to it, what your getting is a rare set of shrouds. The tank is a short track tank, but it kinda does look like it has a set of homemade shroud brackets on it.

atc007
04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Yes,,the brackets are most certainly " custom tin" lol

ezmoney1979
04-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Very well done and nice pic of the MTX !
I agree! I have never seen one before. That water pump sure is in a strange location.

xrider
04-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Definitely CT shrouds. Either way, someone should pic them so they can be Repro'd

Garage Boy 34
04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
they are made by UFO sold by CT racing back in the day. check there adds in any old 3&4 wheeler action or dirt wheels mags. sold for only $19.95 back in the day..

atc007
04-22-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm waiting for it to arrive to say more. The PO states , Looking at the CT ads,, and comparing them with his.He said seeing these in person,these are ABSOLUTELY NOT CT shrouds. Dfiferent lengths.. Time will tell : )

BWard
04-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Good Deal Bill, Now I know that they will have a Good Home.
Brian

Mosh
04-23-2012, 08:51 AM
I was riffling through the old mags with Garageboy a few days ago. That combined with most of the replies in agreement on here, make me/us believe they are CT shrouds. They were made by UFO according to the mags. Garageboy actually has one that fit the OEM tank, and apparently they made them for both style tanks.

gus
04-23-2012, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=Buster Brown;1117371]Lots of confusion here it seems.
Steve Wright rode for Team Honda. His factory 200R was a one of a few Honda race "TEAM" bikes. It used many different parts from a 250R, 200X, and most importantly a Honda MTX 200 dirt bike engine. The MTX 200 engine was harvested from the MTX 200 enduro (dirt/street) bike from over seas (not offered in the US). The MTX 200 engine was/is a liquid cooled 2 stroke factory Honda engine. A Selvy 200R (like I have) is a ATC 250R engine destroked to 200cc for privateer use (anyone not affiliated with Team Honda). Selvy milled the 250 cylinder down about a half inch from the top, but kept the stock bore. Then destroked the crank and a host of other mods to obtain a true 200cc from the 250R powerplant.
As for these shrouds I've been in contact with the seller who has been told by several other inquisitive parties that his shrouds are probably Team Honda factory "WORKS" one off 200R shrouds. You be the judge with the photos below. To me, they are CT aftermarket shrouds offered in red or white. Looks as though the sellers pair came white, but someone painted them as he stated. Pretty darn rare to say the least, but not Team Honda 200R issue.
I am curious to what some of the others (whom have messaged this seller) make of these photos. Mike from VMS what do you make of these shrouds? The first pic shows the left side CT shroud (in original white) in the lower left corner. The third pic is from a CT ad in 3&4 Wheel Action, cost then $19.95. The last picture is of another CT sponsored bike. You can't see the shrouds at all really in this photo, but you can tell the right side (rider's right) shroud is long and low slung, more so than a typical Hondaline s/t shroud. Please someone educate me/us. I don't claim to be an expert, but would love to know more. Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree, Mike (VMS). The seller just mentioned you in a reply to me. Thanks!
Thanks for sharing that with me I was going to start looking for this 200r I thought it was just a rare trike. you sure do now some knowledge lol!

atc007
04-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Previous owner,,lol

Dirtcrasher
04-26-2012, 08:55 PM
No, it's "peed on" :)

atc007
08-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Mystery solved!!!! I recently spent WAAAYYYY too much money on paper{ Mags,brochures} And have been voraciously enjoying EVERY second of rereading my bibles : ).. Anyhow,,,,, What I have here are ......drum roll please.... Phase five Racing shrouds ! I was admittedly a little too young to pay close enough attention,and Dad was No way in Hell allowing me to race back then. But I Never knew they made them period. If ANYONE ,ANYWHERE, knows anyone who has any of these,please post up! My comp is down till next week,so just checking in when I can. I will take a pic of the old ad when I can : )And post her up. I Love 3 wheelers !

atc007
09-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Lots of confusion here it seems.
Steve Wright rode for Team Honda. His factory 200R was a one of a few Honda race "TEAM" bikes. It used many different parts from a 250R, 200X, and most importantly a Honda MTX 200 dirt bike engine. The MTX 200 engine was harvested from the MTX 200 enduro (dirt/street) bike from over seas (not offered in the US). The MTX 200 engine was/is a liquid cooled 2 stroke factory Honda engine. A Selvy 200R (like I have) is a ATC 250R engine destroked to 200cc for privateer use (anyone not affiliated with Team Honda). Selvy milled the 250 cylinder down about a half inch from the top, but kept the stock bore. Then destroked the crank and a host of other mods to obtain a true 200cc from the 250R powerplant.

As for these shrouds I've been in contact with the seller who has been told by several other inquisitive parties that his shrouds are probably Team Honda factory "WORKS" one off 200R shrouds. You be the judge with the photos below. To me, they are CT aftermarket shrouds offered in red or white. Looks as though the sellers pair came white, but someone painted them as he stated. Pretty darn rare to say the least, but not Team Honda 200R issue.
I am curious to what some of the others (whom have messaged this seller) make of these photos. Mike from VMS what do you make of these shrouds? The first pic shows the left side CT shroud (in original white) in the lower left corner. The third pic is from a CT ad in 3&4 Wheel Action, cost then $19.95. The last picture is of another CT sponsored bike. You can't see the shrouds at all really in this photo, but you can tell the right side (rider's right) shroud is long and low slung, more so than a typical Hondaline s/t shroud. Please someone educate me/us. I don't claim to be an expert, but would love to know more. Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree, Mike (VMS). The seller just mentioned you in a reply to me. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190666390288?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

145298 145306 145299 145333

Just wanted to clear up all of this hogwash. Some peoples egos are much bigger than their bank accounts and knowledge base. Please read page 13 and 14 about the true origin of the famed 200R's.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/126588-Never-before-seen-Honda-ATC-s-(proto-types)/page13