PDA

View Full Version : A Big Wheel Hello From the mountains of Virginia

Potter
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Hey everyone, the name is Andrew, but everyone has called me Potter Since Highschool. im a second generation trike rider, and i love them more than 4 wheels.

i'll start off by saying all the trikes that our family have had over the years.

Father owned..
Honda 185S- the family toy and serious off road vehicle.
Honda 250R- his 2 stroke sand toy.
Honda 200x- his 4 stroke woods toy.

i remember all of these bikes and eventualy they where all sold.

both performance trikes where tuned well but never got any larger than stock. the R was sold in the early 90s, the X was sold right before we moved in 96 to a more suburban area we still kept the 185s up untill we moved in 2001 dad still kicks his tail for selling it

around 2005 i got an 80s model truck for free since the fuel pump was bad. i got it running and drove it for a while then the frame let loose a year later. and a friend of mine told me he would trade his trike for the truck... trike didn't run but i took it anyway.

its an 84 honda 200ES big red. witch was later dubed "The Big Wheel" because of the massave 25x12-9 tires.

this thing sat for 15 years and another 6 untill i decided to do something with it. the boy i bought it off of stole parts off of it for odds and ends crap. when i got it the metal element for the filter was gone, the rear break handle was gone, the air box was busted, coil was fried, he trashed the Headlight. threw away the front rack and the factory headlamp. ive been able to peice most of it back together their are some things that are still missing, broke, and needs attention.

well i fixed the coil, cleaned the carb, fresh fuel, tubed the rear tires, and got it running half assed. then i took it to a local boy and he adjusted the valves and tuned the carb, and fixed my recoil starter and that got me able to ride it often on mild terain because i only had an open air K&N with a pre filter.

now i have a factory air box, factory filter, and other misc. parts installed due to a wrecked 82 200 that i aquired with a 79 110 for 50 bucks. the Big Wheel sees mud and just Today i finaly took it thru the river and floated it... boy that was fun. it will be sent to the shop soon for re-tuneing since i just put a DG exaust system on it because the factory was rotted out

The 110 i got half assed running and its in the shop for rings, top end cleaning, and tuneing. it has been dubed "The Little Wheel"

more to come on this... prommise this is the most i'll type on here in a single post.

pictures will come.... after I take a ride :D

thestud25
04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Welcome and post some pics!

just ben
04-17-2012, 10:11 PM
welcome aboard

JasonB
04-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Lol you win fir the longest intro on this board hahahah

Cool story bro. Welcome!

MonroeMike