PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Equipped

TrailerRider
04-18-2012, 07:06 PM
I have read the hunting threads alot. Lots of great ideas but I do not hunt right now. I FISH! It proves to be a battle to carry a single piece 6 to 7ft fishing pole. I currently have to use my telescoping fishing pole that sits in a small plastic case wedged between the front of my rear rack and the back of the seat. Works well but I prefer single piece pole when bass and cat fishing. Even worse is I love to warm water fly fish and can't even bring the fly rod at all :(

Have any of you smart fellas figured this out yet?

JJMF1979
04-18-2012, 08:50 PM
build a rig to set the poles in like the gun rigs I see on some trikes, only problem would be it would stick up in the air a bit

DasUberKraut
04-19-2012, 03:00 AM
I seen a guy with a travel tube mounted to his quad.

brapp
04-24-2012, 04:48 PM
i have a piece of eolectrical conduit with the end coped off and a threaded plug at the other end i strap it hanging of fthe back and runing up under my leg to the front and put the rod int hat and the reel in my bag and strap my tackle box to the rack ont he rear. works out well for a few years now

bigbore88
04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
im with brapp thats how i transport mine outside my boat so i dont end up with a broken pole

Swinger
04-26-2012, 10:41 AM
The first time I tryed to make a rod holder I welded rebar to the headlight gaurd and seemed ok but I was using a 2 peice ultra light rod, so its pretty small. After I ended up breaking the rod because I got to close to some saplings in the woods and was always looking down at the bad idea of having rebar there to stab me in the chest if I wrecked, I removed it. I think you may have to break down and go with a nice 2 piece rod though because 6-7 foot is goona be hard to protect. I have a tube for my fly rod (5wt-2pc-8ft) and it acomodates for the reel also. I would get one of those and tie it loosly to the botton inside left handle bar so it hangs and can move a little bit and run the rest of the holder towards the rear and put a bungee strap loosly so this wont mess with your steering. That is what I did after my bad rebar idea and works ok for me.

remsandpets
04-26-2012, 05:31 PM
I have a 2" dia pvc tube zip tied to my rack cupped out to hold the real in place. I do use a 2 pc. rod to bass fish. Beats the heck out of walking. Just watch out for overhanging branches!