PDA

View Full Version : The Midknights Queeen

90CHURCH
04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
I picked this off craigs the other day. Another sweet deal for me, this thing once cleaned up will be awesome. obviously it was a chicks bike and it looks like it's never been anywhere but the dunes. Th e ohtsus are like freakin new, seat is very good, everything there. The tanks was a little flakey inside so I raped my 78 to get the 77 running. Cleaned the carb, hooked up tank, pulled it and it fired right up first pull!!! only prob was it was blasting at full rpm and I had to kill it fast. I checked the throttle and it was f-ed up so again I raped the 78 and got her to idle. I rode it around a little but it still is sputtering and not smooth, do you think that's a carb, point, or timing problem? I'm still learning the in and out of these babies so any help or advise is appreciated.oh by the way I paid $100 bucks for it!:Bounce

350XJEDI
04-19-2012, 04:28 PM
:drool:NICE score, I would clean and adjust the points, thatmight be it ,or the carb needs rebuild. enjoy:D:cool:

CrazyPollock
04-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Somebody loved that bike enough to put $$ into a custom paint job! Nice find!

90CHURCH
04-19-2012, 10:47 PM
You are right someone did care for or just didn't ride it much. I actually had no idea that it was going to be in such nice shape. I thought it was going to be a hundred dollar bike, I was in it for the fenders and the unripped seat.:w00t: