PDA

View Full Version : Big Red 250 ES Gas Tank

Marillaman
04-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Hey guys, lend me trailprotrailpro ears. Picked up an aftermarket plastic tank on Ebay to replace my leaker. It's the cheaper of the two, not the Clark. My side plastics don't fit right with the new tank, however the seller says this is the first time he's heard of the problem. Anybody have the same issue? I don't want to modify the mounts on the trike so the tank will work in case I can find a good OEM tank.

ATCcountryboy
04-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I had the same problem with my plastic tank, it seemed to get better after a while. I will let you know if I come across a good OEM one. I have an OEM tank but I plan on using it for a resto.

dustrunner
04-20-2012, 10:11 PM
ya, i have the same problem.. not to mention the poor gas cap vent.. gas all over the place when riding. the hose wont stay on the tiny little hose adaptor.....

NDS Custom
04-24-2012, 12:42 PM
You have to heat up the nipple in the gas cap for the vent and mushroom it. a little and the vent hose will stay on, as far as the fender thing, maybe a little heat from a heat gun to get them to give a little.

350xxxxxx
04-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Ok listen to this my side panels never worked right with new clark gas tank but they fit somewhat. Months later the fit got worse. Idk how to fix this problem. I'm just hoping someone has a new metal tank for me someday. Got one? Let me know

NDS Custom
04-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Restore your old steel tank