PDA

View Full Version : Ytm 200e

trimoto200e
04-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Does anyone know if they made a 200 with reverse? I found a junker today that looked like mine except it was a skeleton with a motor and running gear. I was rushed and didnt get the model#. The guy wanted 100 for it so I was gonna pass right away since it was frigged as far as plastics, rack, tank...it was a heap beyond help. After I left, I started tryong to rationalize. If it ran and had reverse there are some useful parts that are a pain in the arse to find.

The front tire is pooched, the rears are ok with studs. Possibly useful... The battery acording to him, is good. i bought 2 new batteries last year for two of my trikes. 100 each. Carb, dif, axle, cables. Here is the clincher, does anyone have wisdom or a guess on the interchangeability of that engine and drive gear, if it in fact one with reverse, with my bike. I really dont want to go back there unless Im buying the thing. I imagine the parts must be compatible. Somebody make me go get it.

Cheers...its Friday!

stickinto3wheel
04-21-2012, 10:18 AM
yes there are models with reverse i own one and if your bike is chain drive they wont work without moving parts across from one to the other. Reverse is only on shaft drive hope this will help ya

trimoto200e
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Went to look at it again yesterday it was a 200 with reverse, the owner said she wouldnt budge on the $100. Her story was she was gonna have it fixed up for her 10 yr old daughter... So many things wrong with that idea. Its a tough call. Both my bike and that bike are shaft driven. The bike I have now will slip into neutral too often, I havent looked into that yet, my big red runs great so no rush.....But it is a Honda. Not really fair to compare :0 Too bad as the yamaha is in incredible shape. Makes me wonder how the trans got into the shape it is with such low useage. The parts bike does have studdedrear tires as well. Not new but not weather cracked.

Howdy
04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
I have 2 Yam200ern ( Yamahauler ) one is a 84 and the other is a 85 or 86. The 84 don't have reverse, the other does. I plan on fixing the one with reverse first. Probably end up selling it though because I have way too many machines right now. Who needs 20 machines for 2 people ( unless they are P3's )? lol
Howdy

trimoto200e
04-23-2012, 05:34 PM
My family has 6 trikes and 2 honda mini trails I have had since I was 9. You sir have tooo may. More parts for me to beg for, that good.

Howdy
04-23-2012, 08:02 PM
My family has 6 trikes and 2 honda mini trails I have had since I was 9. You sir have tooo may. More parts for me to beg for, that good.

I didn't even add in the ones we have at the shop. Adding those would triple it. LOL The users that have been to the shop have seen it. yep, too many, but some days never enough.
Howdy

muthey
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I say buy it, even if you decide to part it out you will make your money back. I bought an 85 225 dr and a 83 200k for 100$ and have made almost 800$ parting them both and still making one running trike out of them both.

trimoto200e
04-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Bought it, trying to get her heart started atm. Cleaned carb, tank, new lines, plug, ..she sparks but no continuous fire. going to try messing with some of the wires hanging out of the ignition. i have no experience with electrical and looking at 6 different coloured hanging wires and wondering which ones to connect scrambles my brain. I did get a jolt holding the plug wire while pulling the recoil. Faaaak

muthey
04-27-2012, 06:03 PM
are you getting intermittent spark with the electric start or with both the pull and electric start? A lot of time the elec start has a bad wire with corrosion on it that causes lack of spark. My 225 has that issue right now I just haven't got around to repairing it yet, until my arm is broke there is no forcible reason to. Eventually I will get around to doing it.

trimoto200e
04-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Hmm Ill have to check, I pulled the plug and gave her a pull. I felt the jolt in my hand as I was holding the boot too far up. I assumed good spark and reinstalled. My arm gave out. There were a couple pops but it couldnt get past a coup,e pops. Neither of the two electric starters I have installed arent engaging, though they spin. going out to mess with it again.

trimoto200e
04-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Ok, in tryin to get her going, Iv tried starting fluid. When I pull the cord it will stop and yank back. My hands are busted up and Ima geting angry. It almost seems like it backfires. Is this due to starting fluid or possibly timing?