PDA

View Full Version : What is this 350x worth???

labs4life
04-22-2012, 06:10 PM
What is this thing worth?? I think I can buy it, he said might need clutches, rear brake pads and one headlight bulb blown. Small hole in fender fron the exhaust looks like. I really want a 350 just don't want to give away the farm....145533

jb2wheels
04-22-2012, 07:04 PM
$500 to $1500 depending on all the things you can't tell from a picture...

ebaccm26
04-22-2012, 07:42 PM
I'd say at least $1000 if it runs alright.

whyzee
04-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Is the hole in the front fender from a leak due to a broken exhaust stud on the cylinder?

labs4life
04-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Is the hole in the front fender from a leak due to a broken exhaust stud on the cylinder?

I am not sure...He just said it was burned from the exhaust. Has to be something, because there is plenty of clearance or else they would all have a hole there.

Swinger
04-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Looks like the hole is in the rear fender where they are known to burn through. You can see it in the pic. Cant see anything on the front fender. As long as it runs good and all is tight would go for a easy $1000 in my area.

tapage
04-22-2012, 09:30 PM
pick it up right now!

weidjd
04-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Have you drove it yet? Check for frame cracks. Engine noise/Smoke. Other than that looks like a good start to me. The one I just bought for $600 sounds very similar. The fender also had hole from the exhaust melting it.

MickeyC
04-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Not sure where you are in GA, but I'm not far above you and that would go quick and probley for top dollar here in upstate SC. You just don't hardly ever see them up for sale here. From that one pic you have it doesn't look bad at all.

gus
04-23-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure about you but I like to gamble with the price lol I would start low tell him ill give 500 cash if he says no ask him what he wonts so let's say he wonts 1000 tell him 800 cash! Lol. Just my 2 cents but iam usually good about that. That's how I find some good deals in tucson.. oh and if it has a title make sure vins match up also

jb2wheels
04-23-2012, 11:21 AM
350X frames crack in 2 places regularly so look for cracks:
- on the left side just above the swingarm pivot
- around the rear seat mounts

Do the brakes work front and rear including the parking brake? "Needs pads" usually really means the caliper and/or master is rusted and frozen solid.
Does it have the upper front brake line guide? Those are rare to find in good shape and not available new or reproduced.
Looks like the plastic cover is worn off most of the front brake line where it really matters.

Check all the bearings - rear axle, swingarm pivot, steering head, front wheel. Sometimes "bad axle bearings" means the carrier is trashed too.

Depending on what state you live in, does it need a title and does it have a title?

How's the gas tank? Rusty inside?

It's missing the swingarm skid plate - why? Are the mounts broken off? Common on the 200X but I don't know about the 350X.
It's missing the exhaust heat shields - are the studs/bolts broken off in the head pipe?
It clearly needs a front tire.
Looks like the grab bar is bent.

Look at the engine near the front sprocket. I have 3 350X engines. 2 have holes in the crankcase where worn out chains either broke and put holes in the cases or got so loose they wore a hole in the case. You'll have to pull the sprocket cover off. It should also have a case saver from the factory.

Speaking of sprockets, how do the chain and sprockets look?

Does it have the rear mudflap that bolts to the fender?

Does it have an air filter in the airbox? Silly question but neither of mine did when I got them.

It does look like a nice seat and the headlight looks like it's in great shape.

350xxxxxx
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
by the looks of the condidtion i would say about 1200, it is a 350x, you wont regret buying it. i have a tecate and a 250r and by far i looove my 350x. now thats a weekend warrior.

Jason125m
04-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Its impossible for us to tell you how much it is worth, prices vary too much from location to location.
That would fetch an easy 2 grand here anyday. Look at the plus's....
OEM exhaust that looks great,
OEM plastics,
Real nice headlight,
Original front tire,
Front brake line with the plastic cover
and much more... tank and forkboots look great.
I do see a bolt missing from the exhaust clamp though.

labs4life
04-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Guys, I appreciate all the great feedback!! He just listed it and I can't get there until next week. If he still has it, I will persue it then. If not, maybe there will be another. I really want a 350x.....