PDA

View Full Version : Just finished another "little" house project.

Howdy
04-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Been working on my house for a while now ( never ending project ). I had a smaller area under my stairs that I wanted to use for storage from my bedroom. I didn't want the whole area under the stairs, just the lower portion. This will probably be just for part of my "Collection" of 3wheeler stuff ( toys, models, ect ). The entrance to the mini closet is 22" wide and about 32" tall. I have a bigger closet with bi-fold doors, so I wanted the mini closet doors to look the same. So I took some time and built a mini set of doors to match the big closet doors ( first house doors I have ever made ). While they are not perfect, they look plenty good for me. The floor tile to the right of the door is 12" square and only layed there to refference the size.

What do you think?
Howdy

atc007
04-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Simply awesome!! I love wood working. What wood/ finish is that? That is beautiful!!

Billy Golightly
04-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Wow, thats pretty awesome looking.Nice job Howdy!

Howdy
04-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks!! Standard Pine wood and Golden oak stain then varnished.

Howdy
04-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Wow, thats pretty awesome looking.Nice job Howdy!

Thanks Billy!! I figured matching closet doors would help the resale value down the road when i sell it. ;)
Howdy

JJMF1979
04-22-2012, 10:45 PM
thats funny it reminds me of the doors in alice in wonderland lol, but your workmanship looks great, I am a carpenter and I couldn't do it any better myself you obviously took your time and did it right

Howdy
04-22-2012, 10:59 PM
thats funny it reminds me of the doors in alice in wonderland lol, but your workmanship looks great, I am a carpenter and I couldn't do it any better myself you obviously took your time and did it right

I was thinking more of the Kebler Elf's, but Alice will work. lol There are many, many things I would do different if I was to do it over. I used only a table saw, router, and a belt sander to make it. It wasn't until I was ready to glue it together that I picked up a powered hand planer ( I have 2 bigger bi-fold doors to cut down or remake for the upstairs ). Yes, it took a lot of time to make ( way too much ), but with very custom door or anything for that matter you have to expect it to take extra time. If I figured my time at $10 a hr this door cost me more than my New furnace did. LOL

Dirtcrasher
04-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Great job!

I have a bi-fold door 10 feet away from that has been broken for 3 years :lol: It's on "the list"

ATC-Eric
04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Looks good Howdy!

JJMF1979
04-23-2012, 12:41 PM
I was thinking more of the Kebler Elf's, but Alice will work. lol There are many, many things I would do different if I was to do it over. I used only a table saw, router, and a belt sander to make it. It wasn't until I was ready to glue it together that I picked up a powered hand planer ( I have 2 bigger bi-fold doors to cut down or remake for the upstairs ). Yes, it took a lot of time to make ( way too much ), but with very custom door or anything for that matter you have to expect it to take extra time. If I figured my time at $10 a hr this door cost me more than my New furnace did. LOL

Well good things take time and the more tools you have the easier it is and you made a nice door with raised panels and all not just some standard door

Mosh
04-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Sad thing is...I could walk right through those without ducking!...That will make it convienent for me when I come to collect those rare little RC trike toys..
When do you go on Vacation? LOL

It does look nice..We have been dumping money into our place for a year straight..There was light at the end of the tunnel till I lost about 60% of my shingles today..

Howdy
04-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Sad thing is...I could walk right through those without ducking!...That will make it convienent for me when I come to collect those rare little RC trike toys..
When do you go on Vacation? LOL

It does look nice..We have been dumping money into our place for a year straight..There was light at the end of the tunnel till I lost about 60% of my shingles today..

Rob your not that short. LOL
Funny about the toys!! Anyone that knows me well knows I have a good security system Since I got the doors done yesterday I decided today to bring the toys, mags, ect home ( they were in storage ). I forgot just how many I had. It was a BIG load!! Might take 2-3 days to get them all inventoried.

Hmmm, I think I might just have to get them all out for a Pic or 2 for insurance reasons. I'm afraid to post the pics here ( many may drool on their computers ). LOL

Howdy

atc007
04-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Cmon Howdy,we'll all put bibs on! I'm the last one to be begging pics,,I know I never get time to shoot any. But it sounds like you've got some pretty cool stuff!

El Camexican
04-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Nice work! I wish I had doors like that. Sadly my recent termite infestation has forced me to make everything out of steel and concrete.

coolpool
04-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Cmon Howdy,we'll all put bibs on! I'm the last one to be begging pics,,I know I never get time to shoot any. But it sounds like you've got some pretty cool stuff!

Very nice doors Howdy. x 2 from 007. Some pics of the ATC paraphenalia would be nice to see. Tell you what, if you don't beat me to it, I'll start a thread tomorrow on that exact thing once I shoot a pic or two of my stuff.

Howdy
04-23-2012, 11:19 PM

Very nice doors Howdy. x 2 from 007. Some pics of the ATC paraphenalia would be nice to see. Tell you what, if you don't beat me to it, I'll start a thread tomorrow on that exact thing once I shoot a pic or two of my stuff.
Cover your Key boards!!!!!!!!!

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/143265-3-wheeler-toys!-Post-them-if-you-got-em-(-CAUTION-cover-your-key-board-)