PDA

View Full Version : Ebay sucks for canadians

trimoto200e
04-23-2012, 02:09 PM
So I found a link in the forums to a brake handle with the reverse button on ebay. Riding three wheelers forever has taught me that eventually mine will most likely get broken. I Hit the buy it now on ebay...seller doesnt ship to us up north. Too bad for me and him, he has at least three things I would have bought.

JJMF1979
04-23-2012, 02:21 PM
ya use ebay.ca and you will have better luck, on ebay.com alot of sellers don't ship to canada and it won't even let you send them a message

Jason125m
04-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Ebay.ca.... And it still sucks because of how much it costs.

D-dub
04-23-2012, 02:46 PM
I use Ebay.com always and can usually persuade a seller to ship up here...If not you could get it shipped to a friend in the States and get them to ship it up for you.
Shipping US to Canada or vise versa is absolutely painless if the one page of shipping info is correct.

coolpool
04-23-2012, 03:28 PM
I agree 100% trimoto. I never understood this thought process. Filling out the customs form is painless; I do it all the time to ship South? A former member let me ship to his house in Montana a couple of times; kudus to him. The sad part is some members on here also refuse to ship North. I'm sure they have their own reasons for not doing so, each to their own. I agree, it's frustrating not to be able to access parts at times.

Howdy
04-23-2012, 04:21 PM
I ship world wide, how ever the shipping cost makes it tough. Though I am trying to find cheaper ways to ship things.
Howdy

rayatc84
04-23-2012, 05:05 PM
I agree 100% trimoto. I never understood this thought process. Filling out the customs form is painless; I do it all the time to ship South? A former member let me ship to his house in Montana a couple of times; kudus to him. The sad part is some members on here also refuse to ship North. I'm sure they have their own reasons for not doing so, each to their own. I agree, it's frustrating not to be able to access parts at times.

And I let you imagine when you are a poor lonesome guy of the old european continent ...

trimoto200e
04-23-2012, 05:29 PM
I just found a brake handle with the reverse pin and a bunch of there stuff I didn't know I needed. Beatricecycle.. Anyone have any feedback on them? They ship to Canada.

torque
04-23-2012, 06:06 PM
yes i have bought from them in the past, and they ship to canada but at a cost. i have spent a small fortune in shipping customs and brokerage fees.

trimoto200e
04-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Okay, i'll just have to bite the bullet. hope its not too hefty.

JJMF1979
04-23-2012, 06:50 PM
I use Ebay.com always and can usually persuade a seller to ship up here...If not you could get it shipped to a friend in the States and get them to ship it up for you.
Shipping US to Canada or vise versa is absolutely painless if the one page of shipping info is correct.

How do you do that? I have figured I could talk them into it a few times but if it says ships to us only it won't even let me ask them a question, please enlighten me

torque
04-23-2012, 08:09 PM
if the answer to the question you want to ask is not listed there is a botton that asks "have you found the answer to your question"

if you answer no ebay will let you send an email straight to the vendor. most of the time i get a reply with in a day

JJMF1979
04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
ya I know how to ask a question I have been using ebay for years but as a canadian on items that are( ships to us )only it won't let me even choose ask a question like it is blocked or something and I have tried many times, thanks for trying to help me though torque

trimoto200e
04-24-2012, 06:48 AM
I haven't had a question blocked before. Not sure what your doing wrong. You should be able to contact seller regardless of you Canuckness. Maybe they got so tired of us spamming the question, they have a new option to block anyone ebaying with a toque on. bastages

matty
04-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Also when some one will sell to Canada the shipping cost is usally more than double what it should cost. I have family in the states and I'm always suprised at how little it costs when they send something to me.

KZFlames
04-24-2012, 12:14 PM
You have to remember that you are sometimes paying Shipping and Handling. Even though it says Shipping Cost. The seller can charge whatever they want. What you pay is not always the exact shipping cost.

D-dub
04-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Grossly overcharging for shipping, with the exeption of a few bucks for packing supplies is the same as scamming. I had a fella try and tell me it was going to be 3 hundy to ship a cylinder from california to me. actual shipping charges $88 priority. All taxes levys, customs fees are all COD

200x350xtriz250
04-24-2012, 07:00 PM
I believe there is a way for US only sellers to "block" buyers from outside the US to even make contact but not 100% sure.

JJMF1979
04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
I believe there is a way for US only sellers to "block" buyers from outside the US to even make contact but not 100% sure.

Ya i'm pretty sure that is what I run into alot of times, it says something to the effect that the seller is not accepting questions from international buyer or something, and as far as people saying shipping is alot with stuff from the states whatever I spent on parts for my last build shipping was about the same as that but at least I can find what I need

torque
04-25-2012, 10:06 AM
i post wtb adds on this site most of the time the members here have what you want or know where to get it. had dont screw you on the shipping

Griff747
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
All I have to say is Kijiji: http://ontario.kijiji.ca/

They got lots of folks here in Canada who still own trikes. If you're in Ontario, there's more Honda's than Yamaha's.