PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200s valve questions

jboogie
04-24-2012, 02:28 PM
I have a 1984 Honda 200s in good condition. Bike started up several months ago it didn't have a pull cover so I had to push start the bike. Since that time I have installed a new pull side cover and everthing seems fine. Problem I can't get bike to start I have cleaned the carb, it has a nice blue spark, and is getting gas. I had it backfire from the carb not sure if it was just flooded or if the valve could be messed up. I pulled the valve cover off the head and I was gonna see if I could check the timing and valves to make sure everything was in spec. I would like to know how to check the valve clearance in detail please. The timing is another issue Im not sure what type of markings I should be looking for to line up. I dont know with me trying to push start/pull start with another veh. if that could have made the timing jump or what? the bike seems to have good compression I dont have a tester but I dont think its a compression issue I believe it to be something with the valves or I just flooded the heck out of the poor thing. This is the first 200s I have owned If you know a special little trick on starting these please let me know from what I have looked at I believe the choke is gonna be in the upright possition when trying to start I have pushed it up and pulled several times and nothing even tried starter fluid I know its not the best way to start engines but I just dont know what the problem is any Info would be great thanks.

MonroeMike
04-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Look here.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/126290-ATC185-200-Service-Data