PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone offer true aftermarket plastics for the 350x

smokin4rs
04-24-2012, 03:31 PM
I am planning on doing a full run with my molding machine for some truly aftermarket scoops, front fenders, headlight covers, and trying to workout some cool tanks covers for those dented up metal tank guys. If you guys are interested let me know im planning on doing red ,black, blue,white, and maybe some clear and orange

im still working out the kinks with the machine i am using two different thicknesses to make the different parts eta of parts 1/2 months

Big Mike
04-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Depending on prices, I might be interested in some of these parts.

Billy Golightly
04-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Your going to do full injection molded fenders!? WOW! I think you'll have a blow out seller there if you get that details hammered out. I'd love to see those listed in the 3WW Store and would be willing to you help you get them in there or offer any other assistance I can

Jason125m
04-24-2012, 04:36 PM
I would be VERY interested. Anxious to see how this turns out.

wisconsinite
04-24-2012, 06:12 PM
There would prolly also be some demand for tri z headlight shrouds, if you can make a mold from an old one...

Xowner
04-24-2012, 06:26 PM
I am planning on doing a full run with my molding machine for some truly aftermarket scoops, front fenders, headlight covers, and trying to workout some cool tanks covers for those dented up metal tank guys. If you guys are interested let me know im planning on doing red ,black, blue,white, and maybe some clear and orange

im still working out the kinks with the machine i am using two different thicknesses to make the different parts eta of parts 1/2 months

Post some pictures of some other parts you have made?

350xxxxxx
04-24-2012, 07:20 PM
That sounds great we need more people like u out there

yaegerb
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Any chance you would do some runs of old school low profile 200x fenders?

jeswinehart
04-24-2012, 10:09 PM
I got into the head light shell reproduction prototyping with plans on continuing but so far as anything else, I have not heard of reproduction parts outside of Maire Plastics who dose all you mentioned with exception to the head light shell + tank covers.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/86020-350x-headlight-plastic

just ben
04-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Besides the 350x parts there are only about 100 other parts that would have a big demand. Fire that thing up,let's see what you got!

Chazz of Blades
04-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Helluva first post!

outlaw85
05-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Gotta agree with Chazz on this one! Picks out the biggest guy and drops him! lol Hell yeah i'd take a full set! need all white! front and rear fenders as well as scoops!

DasUberKraut
05-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Any chance of heavy duty molded seat pans?

riverrat
05-08-2012, 10:14 PM
I can't imagine how much a mold to make fenders would be.

Howdy
05-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I can't imagine how much a mold to make fenders would be.
I talked to a guy at work about making a Rear fender mold. He said it could run 5-10K. I have a Brand New ( in the bags ) old style Maier set ( f & r ) for the 350x's and had thought about copying them. But not at that price.

DasUberKraut
05-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Cannot help but think that this was a joke, considering he hasn't logged on since the date he joined and posted in this thread.

We must be a bunch of gullible bastards. *sigh* Would have been amazing.

jeswinehart
05-10-2012, 04:46 PM
We must be a bunch of gullible bastards. *sigh* Would have been amazing.

I am not seeing any one as gullable here. DAM impatient and jumping to conclusions ~ YEP !!!
The fella said in post it would be 1/2 months before he has any thing to report back with.
It has been 2 weeks and 3 days and you are trying to call this guy out,,,, WOW, that is simply amazing ,,, wow.
I do not know this fella but personally know how long this type of work takes wether he is using a style simalr to what I use or has some bazillion dollar machine to crank stuff out.
If he comes back with something, great. If he don't come back on here, it might VERY well be he read the posting and said the hell with us.
So set your June 24 (pm- evening-night) notifications so you can be sure to start bitching if you really have NOTHING better to do.
john

Jason125m
05-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I am not seeing any one as gullable here. DAM impatient and jumping to conclusions ~ YEP !!!
The fella said in post it would be 1/2 months before he has any thing to report back with.
It has been 2 weeks and 3 days and you are trying to call this guy out,,,, WOW, that is simply amazing ,,, wow.
I do not know this fella but personally know how long this type of work takes wether he is using a style simalr to what I use or has some bazillion dollar machine to crank stuff out.
If he comes back with something, great. If he don't come back on here, it might VERY well be he read the posting and said the hell with us.
So set your June 24 (pm- evening-night) notifications so you can be sure to start bitching if you really have NOTHING better to do.
john

Well I sure didn't expect that. I apologize for the jumping to conclusions, i had just assumed he would of answered some peoples questions.
I understand the hard work that goes into making this happen, Sorry, John.

honda200x1987
05-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Injection molding is just what we need for headlight bezels etc. Hope this works out! I am itching to see someone pump out high quality replicas!

honda200x1987
06-03-2012, 10:56 PM
UPDATE!! I got a email from Colt last Wed ,I haven't checked my email till now.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:18 PM

You have great timing I am doing my first run this weekend they will be vacuum formed the front fender and side scoops will be and the headlight will be injected but I am having problems with consistent color and I'm not going to sell crap sorry for the slow update this is a second job if you know what I mean, if you can spread the word that would be great and will post pics of products ASAP

Colt

Billy Golightly
06-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Interesting! Looking forward to hearing about how this works out!

Blown 331
06-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Interesting! Looking forward to hearing about how this works out!

Same here! Awesome!

RamsesRibb
10-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Any updates?

honda200x1987
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
I totally forgot about this thread, I emailed Colt tonight so I should hear from Him soon and let you guys know if he has made any progress on this.

BOB MARLIN
11-29-2012, 04:22 PM
I would be very suprised to see any injection molded parts from this. Anyone who claims they can build an injection mold the size of the rear fenders for 5 grand is full of crap. A mold that size -even made in China would be at least $50,000 and thats a stretch. If it were built in the U.S- at the chepest low budget shop it would be close to $100,000. At our shop we would not touch it for under a quarter million. That thing would weigh at least 6,000 pounds and the size of the molding machine would be massive. Injection molds are very expensive to build, but give a top grade product. All the after market plastics are vaccuum molded, it is very cheap. You could probrably get one of those built for about $10,000.

Howdy
11-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Bob, You could very well be right. I only know what the guy told me. I do know he made a few molds for the place I work at. I have no clue as to what they cost the company though.
Howdy

fallguy666
11-14-2013, 02:02 AM
Where did this go!!!???? No updates????