PDA

View Full Version : 200x clutch slipping I think

marfio81
04-24-2012, 10:37 PM
I have an 84 200x, takes off in first great and second ok, but if you get on it in second through fifth,it revs up quick but hesitates to deliver power to the rearend until you back off a little, and then takes off or basically catches up. If you ease in to it it does fine, but seems to be getting worse. Shifts just fine in all gears. Do I need a rebuild and if so what would be a good kit to use? stock right now and really dont plan to build it up much but maybe a simple overhaul later. would like a little heavier clutch just in case of some motor upgrades during overhaul, any info would be appreciated, thanks,

yaegerb
04-24-2012, 10:50 PM
I would recommend Barnett dirt digger clutch kit. You could also go a less expensive route with EBC or Versah.

rodeofan5656
04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
i gotta Barnett ready to put in my '86 X. not sure if it's the Dirt Digger, but the kit only came with the Kevlar friction disks and springs, not the steels. i blew up on MidAmerica Powersports cause i was told it would have everythin for $86.99. so i pretty much got Barnett steels for free ;) haha. just remember that you pay for what you get. if you pay $20 for some cheap chinese piece a crap on ebay, its not gonna last long. if you go with the Barnett, you probly wont be able to destroy it unless you ride the clutch all the time. the clutch MIGHT outlast your X, dependin on how hard you ride

marfio81
04-25-2012, 05:01 PM
thanks for the information guys, I will start looking for the kits.

250rRoostmaster
04-28-2012, 02:27 PM
CLutch is gone, replace and ride!!