PDA

View Full Version : What type of bearing pullers do you use?

swampthang
04-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Seems like all I ever get done is replacing bearings:cry: damn mud! I think its time to get a puller and make my life alittle easier. I've seen a few slide hammer kits that I like. What seems to be a good assortment of sizes a guy would need to use on atvs? I would imagine the biggest bearing would prolly be the axle carrier bearings and wheel bearings. What do you guys use?

SWIGIN
04-27-2012, 05:00 PM
I just use a large punch for axle bearings and front hub bearings. But for tranny bearings or any bearing that is in a blind hole I use this.

http://www.harborfreight.com/blind-hole-bearing-puller-95987.html

swampthang
04-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Bingo thats the one I was looking at! But is that going to be big enough for carrier bearings and such? Do they make other sized ends a guy can buy to go bigger?

ebaccm26
04-27-2012, 05:59 PM
I have this bearing puller and it is useful but often I find that with bearings that are really tight I have to resort to more conventional means such as hitting it through from the other side with a socket, etc.

WIkid500
04-27-2012, 10:11 PM
As said above I use abig punch for the swing arm bearings. For blind holes I used the old mans Snap-On puller. Worked slicker than slap jacks on Sunday in April!