PDA

View Full Version : Curfew @ Glamis!!!!!

theeechozen1
11-22-2002, 01:09 PM
Today i recieved a letter from the ASA stating that there will now be a dusk till dawn curfew at comp hill on the holiday weekends. They said that this was done through the imperial sherrifs office and the county board of supervisors and not dicussed or disclosed to the ASA or BLM at all. This means that a long time tradition of dragging up comp hill at night is gone forever. For those of you that have never been to glamis you prolly won't know how big of a deal this is, but to those of us that have been attending the giant party at comp hill every night on the holiday weekends for years this is some of the most depressing news to ever hit my pc. So the time has come to pick a new night hill, i will be asking this question on many forums today and am looking for as many ideas as possible. We need to get as many people involved as possible to relocate our favorite pastime in the sand............ WE WILL NOT BE DENIED :x

mymint87
11-23-2002, 03:05 AM
this move came about because on an average night on "comp" they found 50 to 80% of the people are not riders but only there for the party. they come out to the sand with NO toy and just get drunk and cause trouble. They ruined it for us atc/atv riders

Martin64
11-23-2002, 06:29 AM
There was a story on the news tonight about it. I've never been there, but it's too bad that a bunch of idiots screwed things up for you guys. There was alot of support for you folks from the local businesses. Hopefully this will discourage just the partiers from going out there so you folks can keep enjoying the area.

theeechozen1
11-26-2002, 07:53 PM
I hope so

TimSr
11-27-2002, 02:08 PM
Ive never been there, but Ill take one more guess, that the following morning probably displayed a few tons of bottles and cans left behind, which may have been more of a problem than the actual partying. Just a guess.

theeechozen1
11-27-2002, 03:49 PM
I Think that might be half of it, but the major concern is the dunkness of all the hill patrons- that would be my main guess