PDA

View Full Version : Stolen trikes in the St Louis area!!

swampthang
04-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Sounds like this dude got ripped off pretty bad. Keep a eye on any too good to be true deals coming out of the area guys. http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/2978161099.html It makes me wonder about this ad. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/143507-Nice-R-for-1k

atc007
04-30-2012, 11:42 AM
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?47388-Stolen-Ad

swampthang
04-30-2012, 11:53 AM
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?47388-Stolen-Ad

Great the more word that gets out the better chance he will get his machines back!

Jon Boy
04-30-2012, 11:57 AM
will keep an eye out this way. :beer

88 Turbo Coupe
04-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I offered $5000.00 when my 85 R was stolen. Was enough to open some mouths. I got it back.

swampthang
04-30-2012, 12:21 PM
I offered $5000.00 when my 85 R was stolen. Was enough to open some mouths. I got it back.

Did you pay them the $5000? Must have been one hell of a bike! For that kind of reward money I would have just forgot about the stolen bike and bought a different one.

88 Turbo Coupe
04-30-2012, 01:22 PM
It was pretty close to "one hell of a bike".

88 Turbo Coupe
04-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Not to hijack this thread but I had over 3 grand in the motor alone. After seeing what was stolen off the trailer I don't think $500.00 is going to do the trick.

stubbie1111
05-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Not to hijack this thread but I had over 3 grand in the motor alone. After seeing what was stolen off the trailer I don't think $500.00 is going to do the trick.

Whats sad here is I shouldn't have to offer any money to have MY items returned.... I am active duty military , and I am willing to die for you and those scum bags that stole the bikes, personal property, vehicle, and more that belonged to me and my family..... My children were heart broken, and for you to say $500.00 isn't enough is SAD..... I believe that a mans handshake is worth more than a deposit if you are going to buy something... I believe you should beable to leave your home unlocked when you run to the store 5 mins away...... I believe that what I am fighting for in this country is dead because of people who think like you just did! I am not attacking you, but more or less venting..... If anyone reads this post, my ad on craigslist or anywhere else that I have posted, and if they know something and they do not say anything or report these individuals....then they are just as guilty, and deserve the same punishment that the people who took it..... and those people will get caught as I will not give up until they do!!!

2Tim215
05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Whats sad here is I shouldn't have to offer any money to have MY items returned.... I am active duty military , and I am willing to die for you and those scum bags that stole the bikes, personal property, vehicle, and more that belonged to me and my family..... My children were heart broken, and for you to say $500.00 isn't enough is SAD..... I believe that a mans handshake is worth more than a deposit if you are going to buy something... I believe you should beable to leave your home unlocked when you run to the store 5 mins away...... I believe that what I am fighting for in this country is dead because of people who think like you just did! I am not attacking you, but more or less venting..... If anyone reads this post, my ad on craigslist or anywhere else that I have posted, and if they know something and they do not say anything or report these individuals....then they are just as guilty, and deserve the same punishment that the people who took it..... and those people will get caught as I will not give up until they do!!! Stubbie1111, I want to thank you for serving our country and defending our freedoms. If your items aren't recovered within the next few weeks I would like to give your family my Honda 70. It isn't bad looking, needs a little tinkering, but I think you would like it! We would only have to figure out how to get it to you as I'm in NY state. I'll get some photos for you, Tim
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=101&attachmentid=91246

2Tim215
05-04-2012, 09:54 PM
I sold the rest those in this line up and have some 350x's now. The 70 is the first one in the Line-up! Plastics are good, was running okay but hard to start, my grandkids rode it a few years ago, sat all last year as we had bigger toys for them!
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=131349&d=1315536313

stubbie1111
05-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Stubbie1111, I want to thank you for serving our country and defending our freedoms. If your items aren't recovered within the next few weeks I would like to give your family my Honda 70. It isn't bad looking, needs a little tinkering, but I think you would like it! We would only have to figure out how to get it to you as I'm in NY state. I'll get some photos for you, Tim
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=101&attachmentid=91246

Tim,
Thats an amazing gesture and my kids would love that.... Thank you. I will keep you posted, and PM you. Again, now that I go back and read it.....it really sounds like I am attacking 88 Turbo Coupe.... I am not it just really errks me that people don't see things all the same way. Even though I'm young (a young 40 hahahah) I was brought up to always do what is right and respect everyone and their things..... some may call me nieve these days, but I just consider myself a dying breed!!
Kevin

2Tim215
05-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Tim,
Thats an amazing gesture and my kids would love that.... Thank you. I will keep you posted, and PM you. Again, now that I go back and read it.....it really sounds like I am attacking 88 Turbo Coupe.... I am not it just really errks me that people don't see things all the same way. Even though I'm young (a young 40 hahahah) I was brought up to always do what is right and respect everyone and their things..... some may call me nieve these days, but I just consider myself a dying breed!!
Kevin
Nobody here knows your financial situation, especially after a big move and quite a loss. 88 Turbo Coupe hopefully understands, I don't think he meant it the way it came across. Unfortunately in this world people want to get paid to help others, sad! I just see that your now in GA. I bet ATC007 would meet me in south NY and maybe another member could meet him and relay it down to you! Let me know how things work out, PM's good, offer stands! Tim

stubbie1111
05-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Nobody here knows your financial situation, especially after a big move and quite a loss. 88 Turbo Coupe hopefully understands, I don't think he meant it the way it came across. Unfortunately in this world people want to get paid to help others, sad! I just see that your now in GA. I bet ATC007 would meet me in south NY and maybe another member could meet him and relay it down to you! Let me know how things work out, PM's good, offer stands! Tim

Thanks Tim...... PM sent!!!!!

88 Turbo Coupe
05-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Whats sad here is I shouldn't have to offer any money to have MY items returned.... I am active duty military , and I am willing to die for you and those scum bags that stole the bikes, personal property, vehicle, and more that belonged to me and my family..... My children were heart broken, and for you to say $500.00 isn't enough is SAD..... I believe that a mans handshake is worth more than a deposit if you are going to buy something... I believe you should beable to leave your home unlocked when you run to the store 5 mins away...... I believe that what I am fighting for in this country is dead because of people who think like you just did! I am not attacking you, but more or less venting..... If anyone reads this post, my ad on craigslist or anywhere else that I have posted, and if they know something and they do not say anything or report these individuals....then they are just as guilty, and deserve the same punishment that the people who took it..... and those people will get caught as I will not give up until they do!!!

Stubbie111, I orginally offered $2000.00 reward. I wanted my atc back bad so I uped it to 5K. I posted reward fliers all over the place and thats what worked. I agree, we shouldn't have offered any reward. The 2 scum bags who stole my ATC were caught and now making restitution. Unfortunatly this is 2012 and times are rough. Burglery, robberies, violent crime all are up. I watch various police blotters in my area and talk to alot of people. These are not the good old days with unlocked front doors. It's more like make sure your 9 is loaded. Some one breaks in to my house they will feel what hot metal is like. Thats the direction this country is headed. This is the sign of the times. Society has changed with the unemolyment picture and people are turning to crime to survive. Yea theres alot of scum bags out there I agree. And I'm sure alot of us would agree. I would like to see them all dissapear but it will never happen. I've been burnt from quite a few scum bags buying ATC, car, bike parts etc. I've done deals on a handshake and some times it doesn't work any more. I get arrogant some times when replying to people on various boards cause I see through the sheet they are trying to get away with. I'm old school and believe in a firm handshake but not everyome does. Peoples' values have changed. I feel for you and your kids (I have 3 who ride)losing all your rides. I look up to you being active military. You are a warrior!! BTW I lost a relative in the war. RIP

I found my ATC in the next neighborhood over from mine. I bet yours are some where locally. I'm writing this on a hang over. If it doesn't make much sense LMK. John

stubbie1111
05-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks brother......hopefully we will find mine and maybe ride some day!!!

88 Turbo Coupe
05-05-2012, 07:56 AM
This was my pride and joy that was recoverd in pieces and all the platics were painted grey. It wasn't even broken in yet.
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/Chainsaw3406/CIMG2135.jpg

stubbie1111
05-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Nice bike.....glad you got it back......NOW Let's find mine!!!!

88 Turbo Coupe
05-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Post up pictures of your rides. Also find out if you can have some thing posted on the home page. There are a couple of other ATC sites you might try.

swampthang
05-05-2012, 10:08 AM
I started this thread because I hate theives. When I read your story on CL I knew I had to share it with the good people on this site. I had no Idea you was a member on the board but had a feeling you was based on the nice machines in the Cl listing. This happened too close to home for me. I'm on CL more then I should be looking for 3wheeler stuff and other various local classified ad websites. If these trikes come up for sale on any sites i visit chances are I will find them. I have been looking but I haven't see anything out of the ordinary. If and hopefully when I find these atv's for you I will not accept any reward money. I would hope that If I was in your shoes that others would also be willing to help without expecting to receive anything in return.

Good luck boys let the search continue.:beer

Dirtcrasher
05-06-2012, 08:13 PM
99% of the time it's within a 10 mile radius from you and someone who knows (calls themselves a friend) or has seen your trike.

The problem with yours is that you weren't home, but, you weren't. I would search craigs-list in the county where it was stolen from.

And, I support you guys that no money should be discussed.

I found a wallet the other day, had a couple hundred it, no license but other cards - credit,debit etc etc. So I walked back in the Post office and they treated me like an odd ball. I said "can't you just wait and see if someone comes in or calls?" He stared some sh!t about liability. So I gave him a 10$ bill out of my own money and said, "maybe this will get it there magically and I know how much is in there, and he better get every dime"

Sadly, they'll probably find the truck 1st. crap I even offered 100$ for a cat that escaped!! :lol:

stubbie1111
05-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Hey everyone.... I really need your help to search the craigslist ads in missouri and illinois areas.... Maybe even iowa and kentucky. My search engine that i use isn't functioning properly........so i need all the extra help i can get. Someone keeps deleting my ads.....so maybe they are trying to cover stuff up!!! Thanks for any and all your help!!!