PDA

View Full Version : In need of parts for my 83 trailbuddy

Ogtrailbuddy117
05-01-2012, 10:58 AM
I found an 83 trailbuddy in my garage with layers of rust and dust and was able to get it started by draining the gas and replacing the spark plug. But with continous strain on the frame, engine, and franky everything else, I'm in need of fenders and a seat. And I'm also wondering what I can get to replace the 50cc engine that gets me where I need to be, but with more power and roughly the same size. Also a new filter is needed.

thestud25
05-01-2012, 11:14 AM
The seat and fenders are out there. As a matter of fact you can still order new rear fenders from Suzuki. The seat and rear fenders are the exact same as the Suzuki LT50 quads from 86-90something. There is not much you can do to the engine to hop it up. There is a "Restricter" washer in the exhaust where it bolts to the head. You can remove that and it will pep it up quite a bit. There is no motor that will bolt right in like a Honda ATC70. You would need to do significant mods to the frame to install a different motor. Post some pics and let me know if you want to sell it instead of fixing it up.

Ogtrailbuddy117
05-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Now would I just look directly at the Suzuki website? Is there a governer or is that restrictor the only thing like it? I'm still considering the mods to the frame cause I would still like to ride it how I normally would, and with a weight limit at 77 lbs I'd need to do significant modifications. I appreciate the help man.

thestud25
05-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Well it seems that the rear fender may now be discontinued. :wondering It was listed while I was getting ready to post the link and when I navigated away from the page it disappeared. There is no governor, just the restricter ring in the exhaust I mentioned earlier. Well, there is a throttle stop screw on the thumb throttle housing. I weigh 205 and I ride mine without any additional frame support.