PDA

View Full Version : 2012 TrikeFest Motocross - RULES and CLASS info

keister
05-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Trikefest Moto Cross will be held on Friday, June 22, 2012 at Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN.
Riders meeting at NOON, with racing to follow shortly. The track will be open to practice all morning and hopefully Thursday, as well.

There are 10 classes to choose from this year with very little change from last year.

This lineup is not a race order - merely a listing of all classes available for entry. We will make every attemp to ensure that you do not have to run back to back if you enter more than one class.

There is no entry fee. SIGN-UPS WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY, JUNE 21. Make sure you find me or ATC-Tim to sign up prior to that. On-line sign up will also be available as TrikeFest approaches.

Each class will run twice. The first race is for line position, the second is for all the marbles. The first 3 classes listed are based more on rider ability than the machines. The intention is to place you on the track with other riders of similar skill level, for competitive and fun racing. We won't get too hung up on the machine. If you have a question as to what class you belong in, please don't be afraid to ask.

As always, we will need volunteers to flag on jumps and corners. Please help out by flagging a few races if you can. Nobody wants to be out there all day, so the more people, the better. Bonus: close up view of the action!

We are going to limit the number of big trikes to 8 per heat this year. Some classes may need to be split into heats if we get more than 8 entrants. This will likely only apply to Open Expert A and 2-stroke C, if it applies at all. If we do need to split a class, we will run 2 heats with the top 3 advancing, then one last chance qualifier so everyone will still get on the track twice.

Open Expert (A class) - Expert only class. Run what ya brung. Any and all modifications are welcome. 5 laps

2-Stroke Advanced (B class) – Generally 250cc two-stroke riders with MX racing experience. 3 laps.

2-stroke Novice (C class) – Mostly 250cc two-stroke riders with little or no MX racing experience. 3 laps.

4 Stroke Open – 350X class. Highly competitive and a blast to watch. 3 laps.

Mid Size Suspended – Under 250cc 4 stroke, or 175cc 2 stroke with front and rear suspension such as 200X, 250SX, YTM225, etc. 3 laps.

Hard Tails (semi-suspended) – Front suspension only, such as 200S, 200M, YTM200, YT175, etc. 3 laps.

Unsuspended – Up to 140cc such as ATC70, 90, 110, YT60, YT125, ALT125, etc. 3 laps.

Ladies Trike - Ladies of all ages on any size 3-wheeler. 3 laps.

Kids Trike – Kids up to 13 years old and 125cc.

Geriatric class – Age 35 and over on any size three-wheeler.

thestud25
05-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Are we having the Big Red 250es class again?

atctim
05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Are we having the Big Red 250es class again?

That would fall into Mid Sized Suspended Stud.

thestud25
05-01-2012, 01:31 PM
That would fall into Mid Sized Suspended Stud.

We need our own class. The 200x's beat up on us last year.

atctim
05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Then you are not doing it right. You can set up a Big Red to clean their clocks. Back in 2005 I took 2nd in that class on a Big Red. You need to throw a set of 20s on the rear, and a 200X or 350X front end on it (which is better in my opinion for handling). Very possible to do my friend.

Depending on how many Big Reds show up early, I have been thinking about running the "Utility Challenge" again this year. It's a non-formal event that normally would take place Thursday afternoon. It's pretty fun and utilizes the Big Red for what it is and can really do.

thestud25
05-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Well bring me a front end, and some 20's and I will swap it over!

hoosierlogger
05-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Jon, I have an extra 200x front end minus the fender and light.:D It might take a little camp site ingenuity to make it fit right.

thestud25
05-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Jon, I have an extra 200x front end minus the fender and light.:D It might take a little camp site ingenuity to make it fit right.

Hmm, I may have you bring it along! We will see what I can come up with in the mean time!

hoosierlogger
05-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Hmm, I may have you bring it along! We will see what I can come up with in the mean time!

I have the triples, forks, hub, rotor, wheel, and questionable front tire. You better not need front brakes cause they are not there.

thestud25
05-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I have the triples, forks, hub, rotor, wheel, and questionable front tire. You better not need front brakes cause they are not there.

Front what??? This year is going to be a blast!!!!!

kiser
05-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Man I cant wait for TF this year!! I havnt got to race for so long. ITS KILLIN ME!!

zmpolaristech
05-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Kyle, "THE ANIMAAAAAALLLLLL"........................... KISER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::beer:lol:

Keister- THANK YOU for doing away with the 450 class...they ARE open bikes!

kiser
05-10-2012, 10:05 PM
HAHAHA!!! I havnt heard that for a while! Cant wait to see everybody again this year!

Eric250R
05-31-2012, 12:46 AM
So are we going to have an official sign up before hand ? If so, I'm in for 2 stroke B class.....:D And where the hell is the smack talk thread ?

Tri-Z 250
05-31-2012, 11:57 AM
So are we going to have an official sign up before hand ? If so, I'm in for 2 stroke B class.....:D And where the hell is the smack talk thread ?

^^^Coming right UP! shens http://www.3wheelerworldfourms.com/showthred.php144663

Big Mike
05-31-2012, 12:06 PM
On a sort of unrelated note. During trikefest is the mx track open for people to use, just to kind of try their hand at an mx track? I have never raced on an mx track on a 3 wheeler but might like to give it a shot on my 350x but am probably not going to get there in time to race in the actual races, but would still like to run a few laps.

hoosierlogger
05-31-2012, 05:09 PM
On a sort of unrelated note. During trikefest is the mx track open for people to use, just to kind of try their hand at an mx track? I have never raced on an mx track on a 3 wheeler but might like to give it a shot on my 350x but am probably not going to get there in time to race in the actual races, but would still like to run a few laps.

They leave the door wide open. You can ride on them all you want.

captainweezy
06-02-2012, 09:50 PM
This is going to be great, I watched last year but only had my big red so I thought i better not trash it. I am bringing a few extras this year. Going to be bringing an extra couple rolls of Charmin to stuff in my arse for the non suspended class!

keister
06-05-2012, 01:10 PM

Advance Sign-up now posted. Here you go, buddy! See you in a couple weeks.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/144820-2012-TF-Motocross-ADVANCED-SIGN-UP?p=1131248#post1131248

Gag_Halfront
06-05-2012, 04:52 PM
This is going to be great, I watched last year but only had my big red so I thought i better not trash it. I am bringing a few extras this year. Going to be bringing an extra couple rolls of Charmin to stuff in my arse for the non suspended class!

Might do better to stuff it in your shorts. I think your way might cause _more_ discomfort. :p :D