PDA

View Full Version : My first tri-z 250

Hondarider43
05-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Hey guys I just picked myself up a 1986 tri-z 250 for 130 bucks. I've always wanted one and finally came across this deal. It was complete but needs rebuilt from the bottom up. So I might need some help from you guys. I'm familiar with 2 strokes and I'm going to do most of the work myself. The cylinder needs redone and I was reading about the 310 kit from Corey Sprock can anyone give me a contact number or a price to do the kit please. Also If anyone has any good sites other than eBay to get some parts they would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys

Swinger
05-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Congrats on the new ride. I dont know much about the Zs but am going to go pick one up here as soon as I can find time. What this beast looking like right now? Dont forget lots of before and after pics.

Mosh
05-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Welcome.

Personally, the Tri-Z runs really strong stock or with some minor mods like portwok and pipe and carb. If you have not even ridden one yet, I would suggest doing just a nice mild build. Especially if your jug is in good shape with low bore amounts.

The 310 kit requires extensive jug mods, and nice low hour jugs are getting harder to find. So even if you do the BB kit, I would get a maxed out jug to have the kit done with.
Unfortunately for you, there are no more Sprock 310 kits in production at the time. Estimate on top end cost is around 700-800 dollars if they were available.

You may get lucky and find a complete kit on here someone has not installed for sale...

As far as parts sites, Ebay for used parts, here also..We also have a 3WW store here that has some Z stuff for sale..Many Banshee rear axle components switch over, and we have some new Maier plastic kits for sale also in custom colors. Rocky Mountain ATV sells some parts for them, V force makes reeds for them, almost all parts are available except some discontinued engine parts.

JasonB
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Sprock has a way with those Z motors lol 573 721 2251 Give him a ring. Hes got mountains of other TRI-Z related things as well. Congrats man, got any pics of the bike?

Hondarider43
05-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm Gona try to get some pics up tonight guys. But thanks so far for the help. My cylinder has a nice scratch in it and I don't have the piston for it so in not sure if it's bored or not I was thinking about having it sleeved or replated not sure which way I want to go yet

Tri-Zecha
08-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Kustom Kraft Performance (http://kustom-kraft.com/index.html) has a 265 kit. It not listed on their website, but it's available.