PDA

View Full Version : 200x carb adjustment question

JCAtc200x
05-05-2012, 02:06 PM
I have a 85 200x that i have been doing alot of work to and im pretty much finished now. I rebuilt the top end and put a midrange cam in from powroll and had all components checked in the top end to make sure the specs were all right. Now that I have it running again I got it broke in and it seems to be smoking a little like its running rich/lean. Im assuming that i need to do some adjustments to the carb like jetting or adjusting a screw. The carb is set to the stock settings now that were described in my clymers manual. If anyone has any suggestions as to what i should do for adjusting the carb or new jet sizes I should get let me know thanks. Jake

CasullHunterX
05-06-2012, 09:56 PM
check the plug color to see if it is rich or lean. "A lot of work" i'm assuming includes an aftermarket pipe and air filter. If this is the case, stock jetting may not dump enough fuel for the mixture.

JCAtc200x
05-07-2012, 09:44 AM
yes i have put an air filter in and a cobra exhaust

CasullHunterX
05-07-2012, 11:02 PM
the same setup as my 350x. My plug was white and dry, and a larger jet fixed the problem. I'm not an expert but jets are pretty cheap and worth a shot. Hopefully someone with more experience can give a second opinion. If the plug is wet and blue, you may have a different problem.

Jerm1179
05-10-2012, 02:12 AM
with a pipe and hi-flo air cleaner it should be lean...not rich....so if its blowing smoke with stock carb settings. ( id check and make sure you have stock jets and noone replaced them at an earlier date..should be a 110 if my memory serves me correctly)..my guess is that you are getting blow by for some reason. make sure your oil isnt over filled for starters... but it could be several things. are your rings gapped and in the right order, bad or wrong size bore, etc....good luck!