PDA

View Full Version : Atc 70 help!

justintrz
05-06-2012, 08:47 PM
i have a 1984 atc 70. i have lots of money dropped in it. just blew the motor and saving for a new one. i did alll the work my self. im 15. i just need a little help what are some good mods to do to a piranha 140? i have a custom exhaust its a 70 header welded to a cr125 silencer. i have it extended 5 inches with douglas rims and holeshots. 400ex hubs. asv clutch lever. msr brake lever. billet throttle. pro taper bars. what else could i do to it? i want it to be comfortable to ride. what are some things you have done to your own? here are some old pics i took from when i first put the motor on. but its coming off very shortly since its blown. i just had that tank on because i was waiting for mine in the mail. i have the plastic tank now. the motor had about 5 hours then i blew up:( 146487146488

Robert Lipiner
05-15-2012, 06:41 PM
I own a atc 70 and as we all know, the low psi tires and mostly your legs are the suspension so theres not much you can do for a smooth ride.

Jon Boy
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
nice little 70 you've got there and you do have a little invested into it. not sure if the exhaust you have will work with that piranha motor, but i'm thinking it won't just bolt up. also the the ones like the lifan will need a frame stretch if it's over 125cc's. i have no clue on the piranhas though.
if your wanting a smoother ride then i'd say full suspension (or hard tail at the least) would be the next step. :beer

Kasey is one of the guys you really should talk to though IMO. he's not the only one, he just popped into my head at the moment. :beer

also, if you haven't already check out these guys. http://hondaatc70.com/default.aspx i thought they were very nice and helpful when i ordered a carb kit earlier today, but damned if i didn't get sidetracked for 60mins looking at the eye candy. :lol: