PDA

View Full Version : 350x Cobra pipe crackling during deceleration

CasullHunterX
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm sure this is a common problem and please excuse me if ive restarted an old thread, but i couldn't find the answer while browsing. I have an 85 350x with a cobra pipe. It has recently started to crack and pop when i completely let off the throttle in higher rpms. it's nice and smooth at idle. Is this normal, or Is this a carb issue? The bike runs perfectly otherwise, but it didn't do it before. Could this be from the mixture screw or the jet shaking loose? BTW I ride very hard and full throttle whenever i can.

Jason125m
05-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Check to see if your exhaust is sealed at the joint properly, and at the head.

shortline10
05-09-2012, 03:09 PM
^^^^ Yep ^^^^ or might be time to repack the muffler !!!! If all that fails see if your idle jet is part clogged .

RIDE-RED 250r
05-09-2012, 03:58 PM
My brother has an '86 with a full DG exhaust, K&N filter and 10.25:1 piston. He got rid of almost all of the crackling on decel by going one step richer with the pilot jet. He plans to go one more and it should take care of it....

But before you start changing jetting, check the exhaust as other said first.

CasullHunterX
05-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks! I've been feeling the heat on my right leg and know it leaks at the joint. Did not know thats what is making that obnoxious sound.