PDA

View Full Version : tecate 4

murfman
05-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I know it is not a trike but the ad says it is a tecate 3 motor. I don't know Kawi's but thought someone may be interested

Bike is located 35 miles south of Springfield il. Just picked up this tecate 4. it would make a good parts machine. Tires are pretty much junk, needs a clutch lever, has no key, has welds on the frame and a welded mount under the engine, has no head pipe. It is not locked up and will kick over but I have not checked the compression. The chain is hard and rusty which is why I had a hell of a hard time pushing the dang thing into my shed. The plastic is not bad as far as cracks but there is alot of scratches on it. The rear fender has 2 cracks but they are not going to affect much, just wanted to mention that. Has Yamaha thumb throttle on it and it works fine. Carb is not stuck- slide works fine. I can tell its been sitting awhile. The seat looks good rear axle looks strait and the front end parts look to be in pretty good shape. The fmf pipe does not appear to be correct for the bike. A guess would be that the original tecate 4 motor blew up and they put a tecate 3 motor in it and never finished it. Another guy said it does appear to be a tecate 3 motor and I think he is right. Other than what I have said here, i do not know anything else about it. You can ask me but I will probably say all I know is what I am writing here. I bought it to part out but I have too many at this time so I just want to sell this as a whole unit. Remember pictures always look better than the real thing. no trades cash only. dont waste your time texting I dont answer them. if you have around $400 or very close to it you can call me at 217 37o 457three again please no text messages

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/rvs/3002248045.html

just ben
05-09-2012, 09:13 PM
are you planning on attending trikefest?

captainweezy
05-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Its mine and is listed in the classifieds. Thanks