05-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Remembered today that we had this

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/proct103/c802db0c.jpg

Here ya go vealmonkey

I'll post some more German metal soon

manbearpig
05-10-2012, 12:30 AM
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/proct103/020.jpg

this is ellen. she ran into the back of an SUV (a Touareg haha had to be a VW). now shes uglier than a tijuana hooker. and i lover her because of it :-) daily driver 74 super. bone stock, well except the botched nose job. lower clip is 72 super

more to come

manbearpig
05-10-2012, 12:41 AM
56 panel as we said goodbye. Had a unique "ambulance fan." PO used it to deliver eggs locally from his farm in lakeside. New owner uses it to deliver produce and for advertising his restaurant

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/proct103/e2fded23.jpg

65 13 window splitty before we said goodbye. At the time of sale, the bus had all of its trim pieces put back on and was made to run and drive. I drove it twice. That was enough for me. OG brakes from the 60s aren't very effective and the worn out, but O, steering box made for a wild ride. This bus was OG front to rear. OG motor, trans, interior, paint, bumpers, trim, floor mats, everything! This bus went back home to the motherland. Back to Germany

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/proct103/6b0a92a5.jpg

Vealmonkey
05-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Pretty cool. Really love the dealer sign. Don't get me started telling old vw stories. Here's one anyway. My mom had an old beetle, not a split or oval, but a big window, anyways, my parents removed the whole back seat and they had a small crib for me in the back. Wouldn't be too politically correct nowadays eh? LOL And about my dads' formula vee and being the parts manager, he would spend hours after work going through parts on the shelves micing them out for the best parts for his formula vee racer. His car was built by Beach down in florida. We always had al the latest offerings from vw as far as promo stuff. I had this cardboard vw bus ( a box that had a picture of a 23 van in red and white all 4 sides and had axles and plastic wheels and a pull cord) that I used as a towable toy box. Had it for years until one of the siamese cats we had gave birth to a litter of kittens in it. What a mess that was. Looked like a murder scene. LOL My dad raced the formula vee at several tracks. Mid Ohio, Marlboro in MD and summit point in west virginia. They took the vee to watkins glen once, but that was a real big drive. I have to get a couple pics of the pics of the vee. The crazy thing is, you can still see the old race track at Marlboro if you do a mapquest search. It's really run down and grown over, but it's still there. I so enjoyed watching the sportscar races there. Our spot was down in the stands in the horseshoe turn on the backside of the track. Tons of action. Cars sliding off the track and bumping fenders and such. I saw everything race there from the lowly Renault Dauphine to american v8 cars such as the corvettes, mustangs, shelby gt from 260 v8 and 289 and even 427. I saw Dodge Darts with the early 273 run as well. I saw the early honda convertibles run. Porsches. Tons of cars people wouldn't know.

DasUberKraut
05-11-2012, 04:26 AM
[QUOTE=This bus went back home to the motherland. Back to Germany. [/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Fatherland.

bkm
05-11-2012, 08:15 AM
I want to build a Baja Bug so bad. They bring a pretty penny close to me if they're in good shape. That '56 panel reminds me of a buddy's house that had a few of them in his woods that someone had abandoned way back when. We used it for a club house when we were about 11 or 12 years old. That thing was Nudy mag heaven.:lol:

RapidRick
05-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Renault Dauphine - wow that brings back memories, my dad had one of those when I was in grade school. A little grey one. That was a long time ago.

manbearpig
05-11-2012, 11:21 AM
LOL!!! Fatherland.

hahahah i stand corrected. Fatherland!

ATCcountryboy
05-11-2012, 11:42 AM
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/proct103/020.jpg

this is ellen. she ran into the back of an SUV (a Touareg haha had to be a VW). now shes uglier than a tijuana hooker. and i lover her because of it :-) daily driver 74 super. bone stock, well except the botched nose job. lower clip is 72 super

more to comeI like that CJ in the shed.:p

DasUberKraut
05-11-2012, 04:43 PM
hahahah i stand corrected. Fatherland!

This is a cool thread man. I love old VW's. A couple guys back in high school had the VW Things. Those were gnarly as hell.

manbearpig
05-11-2012, 05:41 PM
hahah yup thats a 74 CJ5. all orig, but beat to hell. runs and drives though. we use it to pull trailers and old VWs around the yard

hell ya! type 181s (things) are awesome. never had one sadly, but ive ridden in a couple. fun!

anyone else out there with some VWs they wanna post pictures of?

all about the air cooled out here. first n second gen Rs and old VWs

bkm
05-11-2012, 05:56 PM
I learned how to drive a stick shift at about age 11 or 12 in this.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g248/bkm1168/HPIM0674.jpg

mymint87
05-12-2012, 02:01 PM
:postwhore:postwhore:postwhore

here's my 2 67's...I had my first bug at 16, it was a 63, put a rear baja kit on it , then some air shocks, then some Norseman tires, and then rolled it on hwy94 just west of Proctor Valley....learned a hard lesson, after that I switched to class 11 style bugs....still looking for a pic of my rolled 63......and then pics of my old and current rail

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
:banned::banned::banned:146772146773

Chazz of Blades
05-12-2012, 06:51 PM
A buddy of mine has this, I've not talked to him about it, and I have ZERO clue what in the hell it is, but I LIKE IT!

It definitely needs TLC, but it does run and drive.

Vealmonkey
05-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Minty, I enjoy the old Rail just as much as the new one. If I was out by you, I would have taken that old rail off your hands. As for the van, that's a BGW kit. I believe the fenders are by custom car craft that were out of florida, widened and complete with vega taillights and I think those were GM headlights out of the late 70s Monte Carlos and such. That's a 40s ford hood on there as well. I have an engine and trans that would make that machine scream. In california, the late model bugs with the wide fenders like that were sort of christened the mulholland look, but here on the east coast, it's known as the jersey look. That van is really cool and would make a neat daily driver. Now if a person could only get a reliable heat source.

manbearpig
05-13-2012, 09:19 PM
:postwhore:postwhore:postwhore

here's my 2 67's...I had my first bug at 16, it was a 63, put a rear baja kit on it , then some air shocks, then some Norseman tires, and then rolled it on hwy94 just west of Proctor Valley....learned a hard lesson,

Proctor valley...great memories, and bad. that place has eaten more cars and trucks than the monster jam circuit

rolled my 61 baja out there too back in highschool. i was leading a line of 6 cars n we were really movin. came round a corner...coyote

ended up goin over a couple times n landed on the drivers side door with the door forced open against the front of the body. ya, that was fun. thank god for a full cage and 4 point harnesses. my buddys had some tow strap n they got it flipped back over n it started up. i drove it home with the tow strap tied to the door and to the roll cage on the other side of the car to hold it shut. pops wasnt too impressed...

kiser
05-14-2012, 12:08 AM
You guys have my full attention on this thread!! I started out in a 72 super bettle. I bought it in 8th grade with money from mowing yards and fixing up and selling lawn tractors. I ended up with a rail buggy about a year later. That thing was a blast but I needed the cash to finish my bug because I was getting close to having my license so I sold it. I have a 04 VW jetta TDI 5spd now. Big difference from the old VWs!! Way better heater!! LOL