PDA

View Full Version : My 84 Yamaha 200e

CrawlinMike
05-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Got this a couple weeks ago. Traded a shotgun. Well his ad said 3 wheeler runs great! Ugh hardly. The footpegs, brake pedal, and shifter had all been shoved back. There were no brake handles, torn up seat, and they couldn't figure out why it pulled to the right. Well the dingbats had been driving with the right rear wheel nuts loose and it had the right rim all circled out and ruined the studs. Those studs were a peach getting undone since they freespun and there's nothing to grab onto on the back. Here's a picture when I got it and one today. I now have a front brake handle and cable thanks to eBay. Now I need some racks! Also the motor knocks some and when I changed the oil you could tell it was quite old and a lot of metal shaving were in the filter. Like liquid glitter! Yikes! She does smoke a little but I've seen much worse.
Also theres a place just down the road that saved my seat for $45. I used krylon plastic fusion yellow on the plastics.
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/torker86/2ff28741.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/torker86/382b44f5.jpg
Pretty desperate need for some shock boots too. Ones on it are torn and look like kaka.

CrawlinMike
05-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Got to do a good ride in the country. Ran into wild turkey, a coyote, and one doe! That's pretty good for a couple hours riding. Found out my clutch is worn out and the top end needs rebuilt. Smokes like hell and for a 200 is lacking a lot of the power it should have. Stinks to have to invest another $200 or so but if it runs like new afterwards it's fine. I am liking the 3 wheels over 4 so far. Just not on the asphalt of our country roads. The four wheeler guys can fly around corners but even almost laying on the side of the bike they blow me away on sharp S curves. I found one front rack on epay but it's going for $200 no way! I would run plywood first. Well I can only hope it's smoke free and a good working clutch by winter time.

WJG1000W
05-15-2012, 09:05 PM
thats nothing i went one day saw 6 deer 4 rabbits and 2 racoons and 3 turkey but that was the first time anyone had rode an ATV in that woods in a long time i don't see near as much anymore

CrawlinMike
05-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Well pulled the top end apart. Let me start by saying I have not much clue what I'm doing. But I have it all laid out to go back together as it came apart. I need to order a gasket kit and a piston and rings. I'm at a wall though. Should I get the cylinder bored then order rings and a piston? Or just order standard rings and piston and drop it into the slightly scored bore? I suppose to get it bored I need to find a business that does that. What businesses should I look for? Maybe dumb question but hey I am in the newbie section so cut me some slack, take a minute, and help me get up to your speed. Thanks guys here's a picture of my beautiful piston here. The cylinder is similar inside.
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/torker86/66c0a24f.jpg

muthey
05-16-2012, 07:02 AM
first have an automotive machine shop check the cylinder for how bad the it is and how much they will need to take out to bring it back to good shape, then order the piston and rings and then take it back to the shop to be bored to match the piston. Amazingly enough there is usually a parts store that has a machinist in most areas that I have found. Where I lived in california it was a napa, and here it is a hedhals. Either way a parts store can usually direct you in the right direction. Most likely your cylinder is egg shaped and will wash out a new piston if you just hone and re-ring it.

BeersBuds&Mud
05-17-2012, 04:05 PM
wow that piston looks good!! can i have it??

CrawlinMike
05-20-2012, 03:43 AM
wow that piston looks good!! can i have it??
Well sure you can! Come pick it on up!
Well looks like I'll be going to a 67.5mm piston and bore. Also have a top end gasket kit on the way. All the help on here has been instrumental in my getting this far. Not just this thread but using the search function and an online manual to my bike I found on the site. Now it looks like all I am going to be hung up on is getting the timing right as I put it back together. After I took off the top end I had to turn the bottom to get the piston out enough to remove the circlips. So if someone has a simple how to I'm all ears. Other than that ill be using the PDF manual. Thanks
Also- haters gonna hate
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/torker86/0cbf0487.jpg