PDA

View Full Version : plastic polish

mountaincat2001
05-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I wanted to know what i can use for plastic polish for my rear fenders on my tri z so i dont have to buy new ones please.... I have the black 85 1/2 and the fenders are not sun faded just not polished anymore and wanted to polish them before i bought new after market stickers from ebay.thanks folks

wonderboy
05-11-2012, 12:29 PM
There are different levels of polishing depending on what you are starting with.

If you're trying to get out actual scratches and discoloration, then read up on this thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/24247-Sanding-restoring-plastic.-How-to-guide . This process involves lots of wet sanding with various grits followed up by lots of buffing.

If you just want to put a shine on your fenders and don't need to get rid of blemishes, just get some "Mop and Glow" floor wax. This stuff works pretty good at putting a shine on your plastics. I'd get your stickers on first. I'm guessing the stickers won't adhere too well to the mop and glow.

atc 250sx
05-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Extra Moisturizing Lemon Pledge also works well for just shining up your plastics, repels dirt and water beads up nice. Again apply your decals beforehand. May try the Mop and Glow myself sometime, sounds good.