PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch 340

hoss1214
05-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I just bought a Commuter Industries Sasquatch 340. I was wondering if anybody has an owners manual? The starter is dead and needing replaced. Just thought the technical info would be helpful.

Thanks

commuter340
05-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't have an owners manual, but i do have this http://wincogen.com/winco_engine_maintenance/kawasaki_kf82d-x_pl.pdf i dunno how to do a like, but copy and past it. its a PDF of a kinda complete( these engine where used for a few things so some things are diffrent then what is on your wheeler.) blow up diagram of the engine including part numbers(sit down when you see prices) i ordered a few carb parts from a john deere dealership with those part numbers and found alot of parts at http://www.jackssmallengines.com/kawasaki_engine_parts_index.cfm just type in the part number where it says know your part number. iv ordered throttle/brake/and cables from napa and bmikarts.com mfgsupply.com........i have both a sasquatch 340 and its sibling granger 340.....they are rare get yours running and driving! hope this info helps out lemmie know if theres anything else i might be able to help with

commuter340
05-16-2012, 07:52 PM
just took a look at my PDF file i printed off and it does not list a starter, sorry. i know the 2 machines i have use hitachi starters, should be a part number on it someplace i would search that or even check john deere napa or jacks small engines with that part number. i know john deere used this engine an there early 5 wheel gators so they might be able to get you one

hoss1214
05-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I got a local shop to rebuild the starter. I just put it on. It starts great. This is a great running machine. I have had other atvs and these are as good as any other.

commuter340
05-18-2012, 08:23 AM
these are my first 3-wheelers but i can beat em for what i do with them. my sasquatch is the only one i have driven the granger runs but is a basket case. some day i would like to fix it up and get it driving. right now im rebuilding/cleaning the carb. hope to have to going real soon

Howdy
05-18-2012, 04:15 PM
these are my first 3-wheelers but i can beat em for what i do with them. my sasquatch is the only one i have driven the granger runs but is a basket case. some day i would like to fix it up and get it driving. right now im rebuilding/cleaning the carb. hope to have to going real soon

I have a granger 340 that I want to sell. If you need a parts machine I have one. Probably have 85-90+% of the machine, but don't have the time to put it together.
Howdy

hoss1214
05-18-2012, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't mind another one for my wife when I get everything done on this one.

commuter340
05-18-2012, 06:38 PM
i would buy it from you...but i can hear the wife now going to ohio for a 3-wheeler! i have a granger as well. runs like a champ frame is not to bad but the body is trashed and is in need of all 3 tires. i got it with my sasquatch as a parts machine but i really want to fix it up.

hoss1214
05-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Do you have a part # for the belt? Also how do you check the fluid in the rear end?

Howdy
05-20-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure I have a belt. been 4 years since I even looked at the machine so I can't help there.

Commuter340, If your interested in the machine maybe someone close to you is going to TF and could haul it back for you ( for some gas money, or ? ).
Howdy

commuter340
05-20-2012, 01:16 PM
yea i have a freind who may go out that way to visit his mother. if he does and will haul it i'll let ya know. hoss i believe you can get belt threw john deere. just bring them you're old one. i need a new belt soon as well.