PDA

View Full Version : ATC Carb Identification

AGilbert
05-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Hello, new here...

I was wondering about Identifying which carb kit you need for an ATC 110 engine. I bought a cobbled up quad that used to be a Suzuki trike and has also had a Honda engine installed. Go figure. Any who, the carb needs to be rebuilt but I am having trouble telling which kit I need. I have checked a few different web sites and they don't show consistent pictures for which kit is which. My engine has the point breaker style ignition, if that helps, and the carb has the round float bowl. Any help would be great. Thanks.

footpeg350x
05-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Can you post some pictures of it? It might help some of the guy's on here identify it better. Just an idea. :) Good luck

MonroeMike
05-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Check the carb for markings (e.g. Keihin PB20A).

or

If you think the carb is original to the engine, use the engine serial number to figure out the year.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/141286-Honda-Engine-Serial-Numbers

Toaster556
05-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Post the serial number off the engine, that could help as well. Most sites use a generic photo. I used a Keyster kit, I found that it had everything I needed (jets, gaskets, even the needle retention kit)

AGilbert
05-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Well, thanks to the handy serial number link it looks like it is an '80 ATC 110 engine. Thanks for the help fellas.

Now, does anybody have any recommendations for a good brand to get? I see Toaster556 named Keyster, I will check them out.

AGilbert
05-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Ordered a kit off of Ebay and ran into a problem when I was taking the brass bits off of my carb. The kit I ordered was a Shindy and looks pretty nice but when I got to the "slow", smaller jet there was a difference: my slow, small jet was a press fit in to the carb body and the one in the kit is a screw in. I did some looking around for the difference in photos for the different kits and I couldn't find the one like mine in any of them. It is a Keihin PB20A but none of the kits I found during searching had the press in/threadless slow jet.

Any thoughts? Maybe this is off of another similar engine, just no an ATC? If I can't get it figured out i will just reuse the jet and replace all the other bits that came in the kit I guess.