PDA

View Full Version : The nerve of some sellers

hoosierlogger
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
I bought a 200x carb off of ebay for $40. The guy posted a video of the bike running before the part out. It ran great, so I felt comfortable buying the carb from him. I got it and it leaked around the idle screw and float bowl. No big deal I had the old carb, so I switched them.

I left neutral feedback for him. It looked like this:

had to change o ring and gasket that leaked from being off machine for a while

Buyer: Member id tacoma1995 ( Feedback Score Of 61Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)
May-10-12 02:52
83 84 85 Honda ATC 200x 200 x carbuerator carb (#190599271041) US $39.99 View Item

This is the message I got from him of ebay today.

Dear tacoma1995,

Your feedback was unwelcome. If you would have let us know about
the problem we would have fixed it and gave you a partial refund
or refunded the whole purchase price after a return. Your lack of communication was uncalled for. Please do not buy from us again cause we feel betrayed cause you never let us make it right.
Sincerely and regards,
Donald
For any questions, concerns, or comments call me direct 317-209-XXXX..

Here is my reply to him:

Dear atcpartsgallery,

First off there is no need to be so s#!tty about it. I left neutral feedback instead on negative. I didnt feel it was worth the trouble to try to get a 5 dollar refund. If I had known that a neutral feed back was as bad as a negative feedback I would have contacted you about it, But frankly I didnt want to fuss with it. I have never been a seller since ebay changed the feedback scores, and didnt know that neutral was as bad as negative feedback.

My apologies,

Greg

- tacoma1995

Do you think I was out of line? The guy still holds a 100% feedback score. To me neutral means not dissatisfied nor not completely satisfied.

bkm
05-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Unless I'm 100% happy with the purchase I never leave feedback with the item until I contact the seller if there is a problem. He might have 100% feedback, but now ebay will ding him on fee's when he sells.

Once I've communicated I then base my feedback on their response and action.

scruffy390
05-15-2012, 10:12 PM
I sell on ebay myself and try my best to describe the item as accurately as I can. If I make a mistake which I am very capable of doing (done it many times). If / when a buyer is not satisfied I would very much like to be contacted by the seller before they leave me feedback so I can have a chance to make it right with the buyer.

kasey200x
05-16-2012, 01:53 AM
I sell on ebay.. it comes often when a buyer see's a title(doesn't read the whole thing) then presses buy it now. Then get mad at me for refunding(when i say refunds not given) then there full amount and then pay pal causes them not to get it that minute.

A neutral/negative feed back to a seller on ebay is a bad thing. I have %100 feedback. I get pretty upset when someone tries to leave a negative feedback because of some stupid reason. Remember, Ebay is a lot of peoples only source of income.. So a negative feed back is a pretty big deal. If you don't feel like taking the time to do something simple like send a message maybe you shouldn't use ebay..

And just a FYI, all messages sent via Ebay, can be viewed by ebay reps. and they can remove the negative feedback and even ban your account(your case for cursing, admitting you did not try to contact him first, and then admitting you were not aware that neutral feedback was a bad thing).

thestud25
05-16-2012, 04:01 AM
The only thing I would have done was informed him first, but he did pull it off a "running bike" and made no mention it leaked correct?

hoosierlogger
05-16-2012, 05:09 AM
Is there a was to contact ebay and have the feedback removed? I honestly didnt know that neutral feedback was bad, I thought it was just that...... neutral.

hoosierlogger
05-16-2012, 05:26 AM
The only thing I would have done was informed him first, but he did pull it off a "running bike" and made no mention it leaked correct?
Right, but I think the rubber o ring and bowl gasket dried out from being off of the bike for a while. The video of the bike showed him running it and riding it. The trike worked flawlessly.

I requested that he send me a feedback revision form through ebay.

I was just afraid that I would send him the email with the problem and he would say that I was nit picking trying to get it cheaper. I am sure some folks do that.

88 Turbo Coupe
05-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Just don't understand why seller doesn't describe in the auction that it leaks? Is there a good reason for that? Please explain.

JJMF1979
05-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Don is a good guy and I have bought alot of parts for a few different trikes off him, not using ebay, I have talked on the phone to him for hours and hours and have a good sence of his character, that is why I don't need to go throught ebay with him for the added security and he saves the fee's ebay would charge and I get it a little cheaper, that being said he would have made it right with you if you would have got in touch with him and I believe that he also had no clue that it leaked and that it probebly started leaking from it being off the bike like others have said, he has always been real straight forward with me and told me about even the smallest defect on anything I bought off him, Don't let this small issue influence future decisions to buy stuff from him, just though I would chime in as to the character of his business dealings as I have dealt with him frequently

rdlsz24
05-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Is there a was to contact ebay and have the feedback removed? I honestly didnt know that neutral feedback was bad, I thought it was just that...... neutral.

Ask the seller to request that you revise your feedback. I'm not sure that you can just go change it yourself without them requesting first

They would go to http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html, and under Feedback Tools, Request Feedback Revision

Rob

kasey200x
05-16-2012, 06:15 PM
I agree you were wronged. More than likely he already contacted ebay and had it removed. Did he say the bike was off of a running bike with zero problems, ready to bolt on? Did he suggest a rebuild?
The video of the bike running doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't leak.

Good luck, hope you get your money back.

sx250heath
05-16-2012, 07:05 PM
I have gotten a few things that were not as decribed on ebay, every time I have contacted the seller and have done something to make up for it. I just got a swing arm for 86 250R I am building and found some cracks. The seller is paying to have it shipped back to him and giving me a full refund. I would always contact the seller before leaving feedback if I was not happy.

hoosierlogger
05-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Just don't understand why seller doesn't describe in the auction that it leaks? Is there a good reason for that? Please explain.

Like I had posted in my feedback to him "had to change o ring and gasket that leaked from being off machine for a while"

I wasnt expecting a brand new carb for a junk yard price, but I certainly wasnt expecting to have to do that much to it. The needle in the slide was bent too. I didnt mention that cause there wasnt enough room in the feedback box. But it doesnt matter because I had one in the junk carb.

hoosierlogger
05-16-2012, 07:20 PM
that being said he would have made it right with you if you would have got in touch with him and I believe that he also had no clue that it leaked and that it probebly started leaking from it being off the bike like others have said,

If I was angry about it leaking I would have contacted him about it. I had the parts from the other carb, so I swapped them out. Problem solved. I wasnt looking for a refund I just left feedback as I thought the situation deserved.

hoosierlogger
05-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Ask the seller to request that you revise your feedback. I'm not sure that you can just go change it yourself without them requesting first

They would go to http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html, and under Feedback Tools, Request Feedback Revision

Rob

I already did that in post # 7 Just before I typed it I wrote him through ebay. I honestly didnt know that what I did was going to bone him.

hoosierlogger
05-16-2012, 07:24 PM
I agree you were wronged. More than likely he already contacted ebay and had it removed. Did he say the bike was off of a running bike with zero problems, ready to bolt on? Did he suggest a rebuild?
The video of the bike running doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't leak.

Good luck, hope you get your money back.

I dont think it was on purpose, I think it just happened. The tag on it did say ready to bolt on.

The issue is not if I was wronged or not. I have always had junk and always will own junk. I have never had anything I didnt have to work on. The beef I have is in his approach at me for something I didnt even think was wrong, only to find out that is as bad as negative feedback..... leaving NEUTRAL feedback.

thestud25
05-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Greg, I have thought about this more. You are a great guy and aren't out to screw people. The guy listed it as bolt on ready. That means no work other than adjusting it in my opinion. Neutral is what it is. Neither positive or negative. It is not your responsibility to contact the seller after purchase to make sure you get what you paid for. Just my 2nd round of $.02!

just ben
05-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I do agree his approach was less than steller. He blocked you as a buyer I'm sure so he may not even get the messages you send him.I'm not sure how that works now, Ebay has changed so much since I started buying and selling on there

JJMF1979
05-16-2012, 10:40 PM
The fact that you are concerned about wether you wronged don or not by leaving him neutral feedback shows you are a good guy, I was thinking about it and I have actually left neautral feedback before in a situation like yours when I didn't want a refund but things were not exactly as they were listed but still useable and never thought it would effect their ebay standing. I was also talking to don today on the phone about this and I believe that it didn't leak before he took it off the machine or at least he didn't notice it, and still maintain that he is a good guy too, the only way I know him is through buying parts off of him and we talk for hours sometimes and he will go search the shop to see if he has parts I need, now thats customer service, I think that this isn't that big of a deal on either side and probebly could have been solved easily if things happened slightly different