PDA

View Full Version : Just a Hats off to Billy,and ALL the mods here

atc007
05-16-2012, 08:11 AM
I was just browsing around the rules. Then found a link to mods and banned members. Holy crap !! There must be ?? 200? banned members!! I have NO CLUE how a website works, a forum,etc.. but,I know I like to come here when I want. I am relatively new here considering how long this site has been around. I lived just fine without it. But am certainly glad to have it. It just made me realize it probably isn't a lot of fun dealing w a lot of the crap that comes with it! Hats off to ALL of you and thanx!

briano
05-16-2012, 01:06 PM
A big thanks from me too. I love coming here to see what's going on in the world of trikes. I'm usually on here a few times a day, like right now I'm at work, hehehe. Well back to fixing cars, thanks again for the great site.

DasUberKraut
05-16-2012, 02:42 PM
I ditto the sentiment. Thanks again for making 3WW & 3WW Shop a reality for us. We'd be lost without it!

yaegerb
05-16-2012, 03:52 PM
I also want to extend my thanks. I am from the era where I used to buy four magazines at a time and check the ads in the back for all my performance parts. Its extremely nice to have all this knowledge at your fingertips and a definite improvement over the hunt and peck magazine era!

Thanks to all who moderate this site and Billy for having the vision and know-how to start something like this!

brapp
05-16-2012, 11:41 PM
thank you guys for puttign up with my horrible typing over the years.

tri again
05-17-2012, 05:31 PM
I have enough trouble keeping one computer running.
I simply cannot imagine all the details involved in security, spam filters,
bots, links and software glitches, just for starters.
and as 007 mentioned, the babysitting involved.

I wonder if the 'dislike this post' option helps by recruiting members to watch out for funny business?

As most of us know, it's not always just about wheelers.

Whatever it takes, thanks a million from all of us.

atc007
05-17-2012, 05:57 PM
That's what I was trying too elude too,, " Babysitting"

WIkid500
05-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Heck yes! What would I do without this place?? For instance this week I needed a cylinder for my x, thought about it for twenty minutes and decided to send a PM to Shortline and sure enough by today parts are in the mail. If all goes well I will be riding Memorial Day weekend. Great place to be, and it sure is nice to know I'm not the only one crazy enough to love three wheels! Thanks to ALL who make this forum what it is!

Howdy
05-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the support everyone. You can go months without a single thank you, but if the site goes down for 10 minutes you hear about it for weeks or longer. LOL

It takes a lot of work to maintain the site, keeping up with hosting ( and the increasing cost ), moderating, planning, ect.

On another note: I often wonder where 3 wheeling would be without 3wheelerworld or 3wheeler.org. I am sure a lot of machines would have been scrapped if it wasn't for the users on these sites saving them.
Howdy

250rs-neva-die
05-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Just like to extend my thanks to everyone. This place is great and I have learned alot over the few years I have been hear. The search function is a huge help. And Howdy I agree with you. If it wasn't for these couple sites with all of the networking amongst members and knowledge and parts selling alot more bikes would have been lost. AAA++++ guys thanks again for letting all of us be apart of it.

ATCcountryboy
05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks for everything guys! I would be lost without this site, probably none of my trikes would be running right now without 3ww.

jrwebb8324
05-18-2012, 09:01 PM
I would also like to extend my thanks too. Great site, full of info and awesome members. Thank you.

Billy Golightly
05-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks guys. Most of the time I really enjoy doing this (Wish I had more time to hang out on the forum and post up stuff like I use to though is the only downside). There are time when the drama/baby sitting/BS makes it a pain in the ass but my method for dealing with that has pretty much always been to just ban if warranted and move on, got better things to do than get caught up in petty stuff. My calendar says "Don't waste valuable brain power on stupid trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro" @ 8:30AM every Monday :)

Alot of the stuff that comes about on the site starts as just a hair brained idea I had and I talk with the other mods and close friends and they kinda offer advice and insight and I tweak on it from there. Initially the store didn't get really positive feedback from the first few people I mentioned it to, and it was a little bit slow at the launch back in Feburary but it definitely seems to be picking up in this short period of time and it looks like from the feedback of everyone thats used it, it seems like it migtha been a good idea after all. I do appreciate all the kind words and accolades...it makes it easier to go out on a limb and try things like the store from time to time!

I'd also ask that you guys take a moment and thank all the other mods as well...we have a very good team of people that really put up with more of the BS than I do anymore as they are sort of the front line. All those guys keep things running as a well oiled machine just as much as Howdy & I do, and they do it just because they love trikes and want to help further promote things as well.

-Billy

Dirtcrasher
05-22-2012, 08:50 PM
I can't even know how difficult to read the posts took up their things and lock them, or kickin guys out. Pills have side effects.....I forget everything!!

Things are allot better now when the the older picked or just got bust.( AL see is posts I made myself and post these years.)

I cannot imagine it must be too much work for just a handfull..............

Hope to see you guys at TF12 :D