PDA

View Full Version : Vintage decals for yz250 photos

gasoline and whiskey
11-21-2003, 02:37 PM
I just had some decals and numbers made for my 78 yz250, they are not exactly like the originals that I have seen in photos but close. I have been
riding it for some time with no graphics I felt it was time to dress er up!
what do you guys think?

Drivernumber22
11-21-2003, 09:31 PM
very cool looking. I don't think it matters if it looks original, all that matters is that your having fun with it but I do know that part of having somthing vintage is making it look original

Captainuno
11-22-2003, 01:16 AM
Ahh yes, now thats a macho bike of the 70's. Never had one myself but had lots of buddies who did. Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where from in So Cal, Palm Springs here

Kirk

Captainuno
11-22-2003, 01:53 AM
Heres my pride & joy, desert ready 1996 CR250, lets go ride.

Geez do I need to clean out my garage or what.........lol

YTZ250#1
11-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Thats not to bad,You still have room to wiggle between them. :D Looks like a nice collection of bikes.Do they all run ?

NOS_350X
11-22-2003, 03:52 PM
cap whats the bike in the back with the 123 number??

Captainuno
11-22-2003, 05:44 PM
Yes they all run except for the 86 125 Cagiva in the fore ground, I'm currently restoring it, was my last race bike before I retired. The engine is done and ready to go back in the frame, but I'm going clean up the frame and do all the bearings before I set it in there. I sold it after I retired to my nephew who thrashed it, he just gave it back to me after I saw it out in the garage at my brothers house, it has been sitting there with a blown rod brg for 4 years. I have all the original plastic for it, stock tank & a 3.5 gal Cagiva desert tank for it. I hope it will be back together by mid January.
As far as the bike in the back ground, it's my sons 2003 Honda CR125, not the fastest 125 but it handles like nothing I have ever ridden before. I bought it from a close friend of mine who owns precicion concepts racing in Temecula Ca. He does all the race suspension for team Hondas off road racing team. It was his sons bike, it's got the Honda CRF450 front forks & rear shock which he really has dialed it. If you want the best racing suspension, this is where to send it to.
http://precisionconceptsracing.com

Happy trails

Kirk

gasoline and whiskey
11-24-2003, 12:52 PM
That is a nice ride! I am considering buying a friends 85 cr500, in great shape, does have some hours on her though, I will be out at Dumont dunes over the thanks giving weekend, anyone else in cal going?
- Thanks for the feedback everyone