PDA

View Full Version : Online Auction NON BIDDERS

BWard
05-18-2012, 03:22 PM
To the person, twit or group that are persistently bidding on the popular online auction sites, EBay etc. and are the high bidder and then back out
GET A LIFE, Some people nowadays are BROKE and when you are the high bidder, never pay, back out whatever, all your doing is Hurting the person or people that are trying to sell their items,
You are also KILLING the values for everyone else that may have a similar product to sell. A friend lost almost $20,000.00 because he had to resell an item.
No Laughing Matter
Unfortunately the moderators will not let me put here what I really think of your type.
And I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Believe it or not you being the high bidder it is a contract, unfortunately these auction companies will not enforce this contract. I would suggest not trying this at a Real Live auction or online only auction that an auction company is conducting.

May God Help You

I still have some items to sell, I will just put them up for sale or try to figure out another way to get my items auctioned off with good exposure. Not sure when.

I was not sure where to post this. Hope here is ok.

rdlsz24
05-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Did this happen on your Selvys?

Rob

JJMF1979
05-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Why you posting this on here? is it someone off this site that did that or something? or are you just venting, that also pisses me off from a buyers standpoint as they would have outbid me or someone else who actually wants the item and drove up the price at the same time, what I hate are people who keep trying to outbid each other with 4 days left and drive the price up when in actuality the person who bids with one second left is the one who will win it

atc007
05-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Ask Andy { Buster Brown } about the Lovely reality of Ebay . He's went thru Hell with some of his stuff. I won't do it.

BWard
05-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Andy is the one I was referring to losing his tail end,
Venting yes
Was not sure where to post it, I do not know if their on this forum or not
rdlsz24, I cant believe we lived so close to each other and never met.

Vealmonkey
05-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Sadly, The things that can happen on ebay are well known, so sellers take their chances. On the other hand, I've seen POS sellers on ebay, so it happens both ways. Those on ebay should be well aware of what can happen.

88 Turbo Coupe
05-18-2012, 07:59 PM
WOW, You mean to say that people really do things like this????

Scootertrash
05-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Yep, people really do this crap. There are also people who have people that are "shill bidders" who will bid an item up to get the seller more money. Typically shill bidders have low or 0 feedback and a high percentage of bids with a seller. Lots of times if the shill bidder wins (by accident, of course) The item is relisted a couple of weeks later due to a non-paying bidder. Of course the original shill bidder doesn't bid this time.

88 Turbo Coupe
05-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I never like bidding when other bidder(s) have 0 or low # feedback. I just figure there will be another of the same item up for sale in the future. Patience pays off!