PDA

View Full Version : Moto Cross Boot and Helmet question.

Dirtcrasher
05-18-2012, 07:49 PM
I know some of you guys wear either no boots or leather boots. I like motocross boots.......

I have been wearing GAERN (SP?) for about 12 years or so. They have served there purpose.

I know everyone has a preference and I am flat footed with a wide foot. Tell me what you like please.

I also need a new helmet, I have survived numerous crashes (hence Dirtcrasher) and it works but I need a new one.

Again I just want to know what you guys like.

I'm doing my best to get to TF12 (thanks to Fabio)

Oh yeah, I need goggles too, and ones I can get lenses for because I can't get 6 months of them.

Thanks for any help!! :D

SWIGIN
05-18-2012, 08:11 PM
I have wide feet and have always loved Alpinestars. They are the only boot I'll buy.

bkm
05-18-2012, 08:28 PM
I wear a old pair of Alpinestar Hi-Point boots from the 80's. I absolutely love them and dread the day they become to wore out to wear.

Big Mike
05-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Always HJC helmets for me, MSR Boots is what i like, inexpensive and a good boot. i dont know what i have for goggles. it will be good to hang out with ya at t'fest buddy.

fabiodriven
05-18-2012, 10:22 PM
You better make it to friggin Trikefest!

Dirtcrasher
05-18-2012, 11:04 PM
^ I couldn't go without Johnny!!!! :beer:

It's just that the time creeps on you fast! I wanna get my crap done NOW!!

Thanks for being a great friend, many people judge you by your words rather than your soul..............................

RoscoW
05-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Alpinstar boots here as well, I believe they are teck six series. Great fit and they have softened up rather quickly. Helmet is a Bell, only because I knew a guy who got them as dealer samples.

Ross..

whyzee
05-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Alpinestars Tech 7's for me size 14. I like them better than the Tech 9's .
Helmet Fox V3 pilot. Saved my life when i crashed in 09 and cracked the helmet about 7 inches long , only ended up with a minor concussion.

300rman
05-19-2012, 08:46 PM
I am wide footed, the Alpine Star Tech 10's are what I wear, they never get uncomfortable even after being in them 8 hours.

As for helmets, Fox Racing V2 Pilot helmets can be picked up for cheap now that the V3's are out. The V2's are really comfortable. They alsso should still have a decent V2 style selection floating around on Ebay/RockyMountainATV.

Goggles: Oakley all the way. Bit more expensive up front, but I know lenses can be had for cheap.

jb2wheels
05-19-2012, 10:52 PM
I recently bought an AFX FX17 helmet. It's my first true off-road helmet, ever (I'm well past 40...). I always used my old street helmets when riding off-road.

I tried on a bunch of helmets and this one fit best.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/6/29835/ITEM/AFX-FX-17-Freedom-Helmet.aspx

FWIW - I wear HJC CL models on the street - for the same reason - they fit great. I have a CL15 and a CLSP now.

Eric250R
05-20-2012, 01:09 AM
Alpinestars are a good choice, but I wouldn't buy a pair until you at least give the Thor Quadrants a try....they're amazing.

RoscoW
05-20-2012, 10:44 AM
I bought my wife Thor Quadrant ATV boots and she loves them. the ATV boots don't have the beveled heel that the MC boots have and also have a much more aggressive tread pattern on the soles. They also seem really reasonably priced.

Ross..