PDA

View Full Version : I just can't handle much more here.......

Dirtcrasher
05-18-2012, 11:58 PM
I don't care if anyone replies but I have to vent.

It's coming on a year of running 3 large apartment buildings and about 32 people overall.

My shop has an aluminum brake and 2 ladders behind everything; so many guys have asked about straightening things, airbox rings and fixing head studs and I just can't do it. I enjoyed doing it, saved the guys some cash and all was well.

Now my time is consumed by this business. I can't even get them to respect the others and have a bit of courtesy........

I just finished writing checks now. I was at the buildings all day and had to hear every story or why they can't pay (need cable, cigarettes, car insurance is due, my elephant ran away) and so on.

I'm doing my best I repaint, upgrade fixtures, replace ceiling tiles and they just doubt respect it.

I want to poison some of these bastards. If I do, at least I won't be so damned depressed.

No time for riding, repairing and talking with Pat,Jeff and Bill which always enjoyed.

I didn't do this, my dad got in trouble all on his own; He may die, I may never see him again.

I don't even think about chicks anymore, I have no time for anything. I'm just doing the best I care........................

Sorry, No other place to vent at midnight.

just ben
05-19-2012, 12:30 AM
keep your head up man.

Vealmonkey
05-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Steve, It just keeps getting better doesn't it? LOL I've been so stressed out from work and things here at home, that I managed to get really sick and had to blow off 2 days at work. Can't wait to see what all comes of that. I'm afraid what you will find most disappointing of all, is your dads reaction to all you've done.

oldskool83
05-19-2012, 03:16 AM
find a happy place in your sleep and it will all come together and work out. as for now sorry to hear about your stress. it all gets to us, justy try and no let it get take you down. my best advice if it means anything (comming from a guy who is stressed right now)

tri again
05-19-2012, 06:39 AM
We're here for you man, as you've been for all of us.
Trikes or otherwise.

Let it out or it will eat you up like old antifreeze and aluminum.

Sad that helping tenants makes things worse for them.
All that good work you do so they can have a place to live and they want more
but their situations never get any better.
Imagine if some of your tenants won the lottery?
99% chance they'd be homeless in less than a year.

Hang in there and write (ride) whenever you can.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-19-2012, 07:09 AM
I can't imagine dealing with "mutts" like you have to each day DC!

I always enjoy soaking up you knowledge here on 3WW be it directly or indirectly. You are an asset to the brotherhood and I hope things get better for you.

atc007
05-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Steve,I don't know you. But I DO KNOW,you're one of the good ones. You have donated when I've collected,and I know you didn't have it to give. There,that sh!ts public! Having said that, You HAVE to take time to ride. And get back in your shop. Period. You HAVE too,no matter how much you think their world,or yours,is gonna stop spinning ,IF you take the time to go for a ride. IT WON"T ! YOU will come back feeling like a million bucks,refreshed,thinking clearer,and ready to deal with these ,,,,ahh,,,,scumbags? I don't know. I can't imagine. Here's my deal. And I do not type this for pity,I 'm the happiest SOB,,{most of the time,lol } you ever wanna meet. But EVERYONE has a story! Here's where I'm at today. I turned 42 yesterday. I have 9 people in my home,6 are special needs,{ handicapped} Hospice is in here for my Mom and my Dad. Which simply means they are Actively dying,no hope for any turn around. After them in line,my brother is 60, he was born mentally challenged [ Retarded,for those of you who just LOVE to throw that disgusting,nasty word around} he ran this farm with me ,has a photographic memory for farm sales. { Id!ot Savant } ..Basically, Rain Man was based on us. He had a surgery go wrong 5 years ago July,his leg is now 1 inch longer with a pinched,dead nerve. He now needs more care than he used too. Thursday,We got home from fighting the school for our Foster daughter,and he had collapsed while the nurses aid watched. He could stand,but not walk,2nd time it's happened. So,none of my parts got ordered,lawn didn't get mowed,,etc,, Behind him, my wife and 2 of my daughters have Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy,which Fu%^s them for life. Mentally ,and mostly physically. I too,can no longer " work" I had worked my fingers to the bone,and sweat blood for years,,saved up a nice nest egg,which has been consumed by taking care of my parents and family. I can't run the farm anymore,,NO time, I can't run my shop anymore, NO time. I'm doing the best I can with the lemons I've been thrown,but it Sucks!! When it's too much,I just step outside,get some fresh air,and preferably go ride,or turn a wrench. BUT,,MY people ,,CARE about me,and what I am doing for them,Ok Mom and Dad don't even know what planet their on. Dad is flashing back to WW 2 almost all day. Soldiers hiding in the woods... THAT SH!T will drain ya QUICK!!! Anyhow,,NO WAY should you be killing yourself for these " people" And as a stranger looking in,,I'm Afraid Tri again is right,,will your Dad even give a Sh!t ?? This life is YOURS to live,I'm living mine for others by MY choice. Keep your head up ,things will get better,,but YOU are gonna have to do it. Sell his business?? ANYTHING,is better than NOTHING?? There are ALWAYS investors looking to " get rich" !! renting// TAlk to him,,get his permission,,and sell this mess,,,,Now ,about that gear you need...

whyzee
05-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Steve, i used to own 5 multifamily houses. 3 of them were section 8.. i thought that was the best way to insure i would get paid every month...lol ..what a joke that turned out to be.
Long story short, unless you own these buildings with no mortgage it is simply not worth ruining your life....i also used to dream about killing one of my tenants...im serious! I finally decided that before i let these bastards (the tenants ) ruin my life i sold everything. It was the the healthiest thing i have ever done. If its possible to hire a property manager do it or just sell them, which im sure its impossible because they are in your dads name. I understand exactly what you are going through....i was so consumed by my tenants and thier constant bullshit my wife noved out...i was just such a miserable person to be around. ..
Even if thier are liens up the whazoo on the properties, seek a bankruptcy attorney and get out from under your albatross! You can do it! Dont let the bastards bring you down! !! Please! We love your posts and having you here!

whyzee
05-19-2012, 07:41 AM
Sorry for the typos...doing this from my phone and its hard to go back and correct.

Dirtcrasher
05-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Thank you guys, that helps. And sadly, Dad will not appreciate all I've done. He will say, why did you replace the rug, why did you paint that room and so on and so forth. To date, I've spent 9 THOUSAND on these places he is apparently proud of. He put me on his credit card but ultimately, I bet I'll have to pay that back even though every purchase is from Lowe's and Home Depot. He wouldn't even mow the lawns.

My rational thought was, give some a nice clean fresh place and hope they keep it clean. I've completely refurbished about 5 by now but more need attention.

I just spent 3 months on an apartment. A lady called and I checked court, arrests, facebook and so on. She has told the neighbor that "I'm not paying him any more money, I know the system, I can stay a few months while we go through court and I need a bigger place." I JUST moved her in and she already schemed to screw me?? I am completely disgusted.

I seriously lay in bed thinking of ways to kill her; Thats not good.

I won't do anything as long as my animals are alive.

DasUberKraut
05-19-2012, 02:50 PM
At least you know you have an honest tenant that rousted the scheming dbag.

whyzee
05-19-2012, 03:50 PM
DC, go put your riding gear on, hop on your 350X and ride it like you are racing for a national championship ! Its a nice break from reality.
I just got done doing that...hardest i have ridden in 3 years , and probably the best I have felt mentally in 3 years!

atc007
05-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Seriously Steve,you DO need to go take a ride. Sounds like you're dealing with scum. There is no changing them. It can't be done. SX,X,SX,X,??/ that's your only problem for tomorrow!!! Heck,,give them BOTH a workout tomorrow.

jays375
05-19-2012, 05:16 PM
I know how you treat newbs.Wouldn't want to be your tenant.The scum of the earth know how to get by without paying.It makes you wonder why be a working person.Especially when you come home and see dirtbags on there front porch.Been there all day drinking beer and pedaling dope.Out of the church parking lot across the street.All I can say is hang in there and try to get out and ride.Youv'e been through a lot and don't give up now!

Thorpe
05-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Take a ride and have a beer... And come monday, there will be more d-bags to deal with! Hang in there Steve!

Dirtcrasher
05-19-2012, 06:09 PM
I know how you treat newbs.Wouldn't want to be your tenant.

Hey, you have asked me MANY questions through PM to which I answered to the best of my knowledge. And in all honesty' I joined some Toyota forums to ask some suspension/lift kit questions and because I'm a newb, they don't get me until they know I have a brain and post up some of the work I've done.

You WOULD want to be my tenant; I evicted 8 people from a 9 family apartment. Only kept the one good guy and started fixing door jams (from the police). Honestly, the good tenants love me, they hope my dad never returns. He never fixed anything, took the trash out, cut down trees and brush, gave them a correct thermostat - I could go on and but everything I put in those buildings, they were shocked to see the law mowed, needles picked up and so on............

The sad thing is that the apartments are were I grew up. In the past 20 years the "Home Boyz" have ruined the city; There are a few good sections left but I am glad to be in another town 10 miles away with 2.5 acres and a track in my backyard. It's mostly the parents damn fault. If Mom and Dad are loosers, how are their kids gonna be??

swampthang
05-19-2012, 06:38 PM
The worlds going to hell. When you take survival of the fittest out of the equation you get a race of idiots. Just a guess but I think were running on a higher idiot rate each year we help these morons survive and it's only going to get worse if we let it.

DC this whole apartment situation sounds very toxic to your sense of well being. If you can find some way to get out from it you will be a much happier and healthier person. Some times you have to stop before you let things get to far out of hand. Think about how mad you would be if you let these idiots get you so pissed off you have a heart attack or one of them catch you at the wrong time and you throw them down a flight of stairs:lol:(even though they need it!) Ending up in a jail or a hosptial isnt what you want.

Seriously find some time even if its 30 minutes and do something YOU want to do. We need more people like you in the 3wheeler community to help keep these machines going for another 30+ years.

jays375
05-19-2012, 06:44 PM
I do greatly appreciate all the questions you have answered.Glad I did my 350x project,no regrets.Iv'e been riding it and jetting the carb.It's a lot of fun!You need to ride yours!

cattle-dog
05-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Steve, first off i commend you for trying to give people a better place to live sadly most do not appreciate it, as they said take a ride or even better a evening with a pet curled up on your lap and a good movie always works for me. the look a pet gives its owner is like no other and always seems to make lifes other issues vanish for awhile my friend as i am sure you know.
keep your chin up and always remember your animals are truely your best friend and all else will seem small.
Don

300rman
05-19-2012, 08:41 PM
I have to agree with everyone here. You have to MAKE time for yourself, waiting for the right time to take a ride will only yield you no time. I dont know the situation very well, but if the tenants and your father arent appreciating what you are trying to do, then it may be time to ask yourself why you are doing it, because it is surely not helping you at all. Unless it is a situation where you need the income from doing this, I would step back a few feet, and open your shop doors for 1-2 days a week. Start out slow, use it to help clear your mind. Take an hour or two Saturday to take a ride. No sense in making yourself miserable only to benefit people that simply do not appreciate it and cannot be helped in the first place.

Dirtcrasher
05-19-2012, 08:52 PM
I was already thinking about a set of faucets and clean one out tomorrow. The ass hat wouldn't leave me the keys, but left his garbage......

And tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 70 degrees.

In all honest, I'm trying to get 3 18 wheelers of dirt here this week so I can get use to some much larger leaps. Maybe I'll just take 10 good laps to get back jumping again.

Come hell or high water, I will be at TF12 I just wish I had practiced more :( My 350X will say 350RX with the 450R goodies and an R front end, come and get me!!!!!!!

plastikosmd
05-19-2012, 09:17 PM
I would gladly be your tenant. Don't internalize the bulls!@t. Do what u think is respectful and right and expect nothing from anyone, u will never be disappointed. That is why your pets are great. Unconditional love

brapp
05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
i know some of the apartments down here the one person usualy does any improvements that arent necesity are 50/50 the tenant pays half for the new rug and the landlord payes other half, if your not willign to do that you get basic, necessities. its a good idea for some of the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro that is going on if possible.

honda250sx
05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Steve! Got to be able to walk away from some of this. Need to find that work/life balance. Life is so fragile and so short as we all know so very well. I've spent many an hour with you talking about every avenue in life, loaned you expensive tools, hooked you up with countless amounts of parts at dealer cost, hell bought you a few gifts. And to think, I've never once met you. Just chatted about trikes, girls, life and everything in between over the phone. You've truly been one heck of a friend. If we lived closer I'd almost bet we'd have a business together. You've got a gigantic heart and unfortunately much like myself its on your sleeve. Even if there scum bags you find it in you to sympathize and help. Its how your wired. You give, give, give and leave no time for yourself and things you love. Take a step back and look at where you've been the last few years, making amazing money in the union to layed off pinching and saving to stay a float to bailing your old man out and keeping his operation running. Its a broken world man, take some time for yourself.

Blow the night off and take your lovely mom to dinner. She'd love thatI bet. I know what she has done for you.

Your a heck of a dude Thomas!

Jeff

Big Mike
05-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Steve, I know you are a stand up guy, you have proven it time and time again to me. However, you and I are very similar in that we would help anyone out in a time of need and put ourselves second. I applaud you for taking over your dad's stuff while he is otherwise indisposed, but like everyone else here has said, You need to take some time for yourself, be a little selfish, it is allowed. I hope things start looking up for you man, and I cant wait to spend some time with you @ Trikefest.

Keep ya head up man, you will make it through.

Dirtcrasher
05-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Steve! Got to be able to walk away from some of this. Need to find that work/life balance. Life is so fragile and so short as we all know so very well. I've spent many an hour with you talking about every avenue in life, loaned you expensive tools, hooked you up with countless amounts of parts at dealer cost, hell bought you a few gifts. And to think, I've never once met you. Just chatted about trikes, girls, life and everything in between over the phone. You've truly been one heck of a friend. If we lived closer I'd almost bet we'd have a business together. You've got a gigantic heart and unfortunately much like myself its on your sleeve. Even if there scum bags you find it in you to sympathize and help. Its how your wired. You give, give, give and leave no time for yourself and things you love. Take a step back and look at where you've been the last few years, making amazing money in the union to layed off pinching and saving to stay a float to bailing your old man out and keeping his operation running. Its a broken world man, take some time for yourself.

Blow the night off and take your lovely mom to dinner. She'd love thatI bet. I know what she has done for you.

Your a heck of a dude Thomas!

Jeff

Thanks Mike and especially Jeff ( I do miss you too Mike :D)

You as well as others have me made me step back a bit. I mean, I use to ride all the time. I got the 350RX done and it's had 20 minutes on the track and 2 trips to NH. Next I have to clean out hi garage on the single family house and let it be foreclosed on. But even that requires me boxing all his belongs and move the 56 T-Bird to my house. I haven't had much fun this past year, I may have to walk away at some point or if she gets a summary judgement in July.

I always wanted a participating father but it was like pulling nails with your teeth. He has no one and I was just trying to do the right thing, I couldn't watch his empire crumble yet I have crumbled mentally.

It wouldn't be so bad, but it seems like every apartment is trashed and I'm rewiring, plumbing, putting new counters and sinks as well as showers. Fixed the chimney (but can't do the roof over as it is a 12 pitch and I don't wanna get hurt). Then there is the plastering and repainting, it's not unlike taking the worst trike on the planet and rebuilding it to the best of my abilities.

I'll never forget what he said when he went away " Calm down, all you'll need is a couple screwdrivers, a pipe wrench and a hammer."

My truck blew the head gasket, I don't think the short trips over and over and over letting it heat and cool didn't help it much' Now I have a Tacoma w/ 68K on it SR5 4x4. And I'm not as hard on this one. Only thing is it was spotless and now it's filled with tools and slowly scratching it or getting the rug ruined.

Maybe there allot of others out there like me, but I can't seem to have that life. My brother had a daughter so now I'm an uncle' but it does sadden me to see their life going so well and I'm living in hell.

I could write a novel, and I want to say THANKS for all your support. I hope this ends this summer; Them I taking 2 months off to wind down......

Jeff, you always helped me, so many things I couldn't have done without you. There are few people in my life that I put them at that level. Not to mention that for your age to have accomplished and continue to do so, you amaze me and I love you're ethics. I miss ya buddy......

riverrat
05-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Hey, don't take any sheet from anybody. You can be a hard trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and still be nice.

Erics350x
05-22-2012, 07:32 AM
I can relate, i maintain 480 units of affordable housing. My time is aslo consumed by my job. Most of my tenants are dirtbags who do work harder at not working than they would if they made a honest living. Its very disappointing most of the time. When i finally get a day off all i feel like doing is sleeping. Just remeber how it felt to be unemployed, maybe that will keep your head right or make you walk out. lol The only real promise i can give in what your goin through is that all things change so things have to get better for you. Im sorry to hear about your dad.

Dirtcrasher
05-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks Eric. I have 24 apartments and some have friends crashing so I'm at about 28 people. But I'm short 4 of them and ten more need the whole apartment needs to be repaired. I've now spent about 300$ on 5 gallons paint! And they all need painting!

I work every day , and try to get rent out of these guys all the time.

Someday I'll take some pics. One house has shingles about 40 years or more on them.

We have to buy 1$ orange trash bags. These fockers stuff those bags to the point the lid won't stay on; then it rained.

Last weak I had a 100lb bucket. I had to separate 100 baby diapers which were drenched. Took me an hour just to get it done; no FN respect, no brains.

I had no gloves or soap or towels so I stunk the whole ride home. They can't even recycle which is HALF OF THEIR TRASH!!!!

But that trash really set me off, I was LIVED!!

atc007
05-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Dealing in Foster care , We have had a GLIMPSE of """ People???"" that "live" like this. I could not and would not do it. You're a stronger man than I.

jays375
05-22-2012, 08:47 PM
I personally would have flipped out with the diaper thing!Probally would have thrown them in there car.Thing of it is,they don't think any different.When I picked up trash years ago.Alot of people had a separate can just for diapers.It would sit and fester until it was full.Especailly in the trailer parks.Had some pig even leave a used maxi pad on top once.In the middle of summer to top it off.Good thing I didn't have a gun.Man you gotta do something.This situation just isn't any good for anybody.This just one tough situation.Danged if you do,danged if you don't.Wish I lived closer to lend a helping hand.You definitely are one stand up person!

brapp
05-22-2012, 10:22 PM
hey man ifi dont have my license back soon i woudl offer to come out for a few weeks for next to nothign and help ya out. i am runnign out of things to fix on my own house and its soemthing i actualy enjoy, just give me a couch to crash on while i help ya out and maynbey we could get ya back on top again.

bkm
05-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Its a thankless job and I can relate. It really puts a bad taste in your mouth when you deal with the scum of the earth on a daily basis. These people have no repect for themselves or their family and they're for damned sure not going to show you any.

I know its not in your nature just buy reading your post's on here, but you need to stop caring as much as you do. I know you might ask why would I say such a thing, but you have to realize that no one gives a damn about how hard you work or the extra effort you put in to make their lives a better place. They're dirtbags, have been and always will be.

When I first got into police work I had it in my mind that I was going to make the world a better place come hell or high water. Then reality hit me upside the head about three years into it. You can't help people who refuse to help themselves. I now refuse to waste energy on people that are lost causes and focus my energy on those that do want help. My life and job both became easier. Now my problem is the people I work with and that has become a constant stuggle to maintain my sanity.

Xowner
05-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Steve Find me at TF. I would like to meet you. Missed you in years past....... If you race in the Drags I will be there signing bikes up.

Dave Little
05-23-2012, 03:23 AM
Steve,
I've only met you once but could tell right off you're better than this sh*t. You're not the f*cking Peace Corps. Please stop handing out clean underwear to sh*tstains. You were born, you're alive and one day you will have to die. Just realize that even under the finest of circumstances, life is a short and surly thing. Do not be a tool...the deck chairs on the Titanic will well take care of themselves.

Dave

Dirtcrasher
05-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Thank you ALL!!

I can't wait to meet members!!

If that city doesn't get any better, I'm gonna give up. I meet nice people and 2 weeks later there doing crack.

Man, I'm a bachelor and and have animals to take care of and a shop filled with unfinished trikes ....... It's all on me!!