PDA

View Full Version : Wanted! Small Part, Read for Details...

kb0nly
05-19-2012, 01:02 AM
Hey all i see by the rules i can post wanted ads as a new member, i have a part requirement that is making me pull my hair out!!!

I have a 1984 ATC200ES Big Red. It runs ok but the previous owner tossed on a new carb that just don't tune for... Yeah. He gave me the original carb in, and i kid you not, a sherbert ice cream pail in pieces. Just about everything was there, and a rebuild kit will take care of the rest, but i am missing one part!!!

I need the throttle cable adjuster and nut that screws into the top cap of the carb, its missing... I thought maybe he transferred it to the new carb but the new one is a cheap setup that has no adjustment just a cast spot in the cap for the end of the cable to sit into. I really want to use the original one and its cap but can't find this part. Checked online, its only sold as part of the top cap kit which includes the adjuster, cap, and gasket. But that top cap kit is NLA everywhere i looked, called, asked, etc.

Anyone have that little brass sucker??? I know someone somewhere must have a parts trike or a bad carb laying around that has this part yet. I need it! I will pay a reasonable price including shipping to get it via PayPal. But certainly not against someone wanting to donate the part to the cause!

This 84 is in great shape, pictures coming soon, just needs the carb rebuilt and put back on and the ignition switch wiring fixed up along with a new battery.