PDA

View Full Version : 86 Tecate 3 NEW BUILD, part 2

miamimotox
05-26-2012, 03:23 PM
this is continued from my last thread.... any input would be appreciated... just took the T3 apart to take inventory, overall parts look solid, frame is rust free, no cracks or rewelds, still trying to decide on color (i say silver, wife says green!!!) lol. forks need to be serviced, motor ran great only the shifter spring seems to be loose or broken so i have to pull the clutch cover off and im just going to replace it. hoses are good but just to be safe in going to put new green hoses, wiring is complete but a new harness wouldnt hurt. i found an OEM rear shock to replace the old worn one, axle looks like it might be slightly bent but ill have to spin it to see if its true. i have found alot of parts online and some discontinued parts here on the forum. without 3WW this would definately have been harder to do.... here are some pics of the progress. 147469147470147471147472

falloutboy
05-27-2012, 04:11 AM
YAY! Another 86 T3 build! :D That was already looking pretty good so it should turn out awesome. You might look at putting some time in to your triples. They are a b!tch but totally worth it in the end. I was wondering what a black engine with silver cylinder and black head would look like. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

I've almost got mine rolling. If you need a preview of a green frame,

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg854/scaled.php?server=854&filename=img2692l.jpg&res=landing

Sometimes I wonder if it will be too much green. green frame, green hubs, green fork boots, green grips, green throttle, green plastics, mostly green seat. That is part of the reason I decided to stick with black rad hoses.

miamimotox
05-27-2012, 05:57 PM
YAY! Another 86 T3 build! :D That was already looking pretty good so it should turn out awesome. You might look at putting some time in to your triples. They are a b!tch but totally worth it in the end. I was wondering what a black engine with silver cylinder and black head would look like. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

I've almost got mine rolling. If you need a preview of a green frame,

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg854/scaled.php?server=854&filename=img2692l.jpg&res=landing[/img
Sometimes I wonder if it will be too much green. green frame, green hubs, green fork boots, green grips, green throttle, green plastics, mostly green seat. That is part of the reason I decided to stick with black rad hoses.

so far i like the green frame with the motor in black and chrome, maybe polished clutch and stator cover just to offset the black and green. if i go with the OEM look (silver frame ) i will do the motor black with green radiator hoses. i had an 87 T4 about 10 years ago and i had it with blue frame and black motor.... ill decide bu the end of the week. heres a pic of my old t4

mx250r91
05-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Looking good!