PDA

View Full Version : new shocks

BIG*E*22188
11-22-2003, 01:54 AM
hey my cousin jus got this old dirtbike. runs strong its an 82. very fast. but it doesnt have a monoshock. so was wondering if n e 1 knew how or if u coild take the swing arm off or w/e n the seperate shocks and put a knew set up on it?
u would probly hafta weld or and cut t make way for the new swing arm n shock postioning right . well thanx alot

samster143
11-22-2003, 03:48 PM
can't really understand your dialect.

BIG*E*22188
11-22-2003, 03:55 PM
hey my cousin just got this old dirtbike. runs strong its an 82. very fast. but it doesnt have a monoshock. so was wondering if anyone knew how or if u could take the swing arm off or w/e and the seperate shocks and put a knew set up on it?
you would probly have to weld or and cut it to make way for the new swing arm and shock postioning right . well thanx alot

Drivernumber22
11-22-2003, 10:31 PM
a lil better....

BIG*E*22188
11-23-2003, 02:56 AM
o thanx but can anyone help me with my shock problem and not my english lol :D

YTZ250#1
11-23-2003, 10:30 AM
Why not try a set of works shocks on it?If you try to put a mono set up on it you will have to change the subframe,seat,rear plastic,all the mounts
for exhaust and any thing else that sits back there,the swingarm,rear
wheel and axle will be differint,frame would need modifyed to fit swing arm linkage,ect.ect.ect.It would be a pain in the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.It might be easyer
and cheaper to buy a newer bike with a mono shock set up on it allready.
My friend has an older cr125 roller that is missing some motor parts.
You might be able to buy that and fit your motor to it.Would be easyer than fiting a mono on your bike.