PDA

View Full Version : 225dx going on its own

jor593
05-29-2012, 03:55 PM
i picked up a 1984 225dx in february that hap no spark.after replacing the cdi the ignition coil and the key switch i have spark and it starts. i cleaned out the carb and it ran fine for 2 days but now when i put it in 1st gear it takes off with out me using the throttle and i bogs down if i do push the throttle. i already checked and the throttle cable is not sticking, any ideas?

Chazz of Blades
05-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I had one that did the same thing. Pop it in gear and it'll cruise all over the place. You could get on it though without it dying, but on a nice flat stretch you could upshift and gain speed without touching the throttle.

BUT, it acted like a manual without a clutch, if you got on any slope without being on the throttle it'd stall, if you touched the brakes it'd stall, it was a very weird project that I didn't keep long enough to disect it.

muthey
05-29-2012, 09:32 PM
I would check the valves, as a couple of things could be happening, all with the same effect. I would also check the w cir-clip on the throttle valve, as if your main needle is moving up and down it will cause this, might want to try and clean out the frame where the air box sucks from. and thoroughly go through the carb again, as somewhere you are creating a vacuum that is causing an influx of fuel demand at idle, and not while pushing on the throttle.