PDA

View Full Version : riding the old atc....way back when.

3 weelin geezer
05-31-2012, 02:51 PM
what is going on here?? Am I on the correct site? So much has changed.

Man, Its been a long time since I logged in here.

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/3_weelin_geezer/?action=view&current=Copyoftrikeride.flv

El Camexican
05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Well there was the advent of helmets a few years back.

kb0nly
05-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Helmets... Oh yeah those thingies that some states require...

I am not against helmets but here they are only required for ATV riders under 18 years of age.

El Camexican
06-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Helmets... Oh yeah those thingies that some states require...

I am not against helmets but here they are only required for ATV riders under 18 years of age.

Be that as it may there is a rule on here about not posting photos of riders seated on trikes without helmets. I think video posting should be subject to the same rule, but that’s not for me to decide. Considering that trikes got banned in no small part due to a bunch of idiots who got hurt due to a lack of rider education and in many cases safety equipment it does bug me to see people scooting around without proper equipment just asking for the statistic Gods to select them to be the next organ donor at the local hospital. Maybe if enough people get hurt we can get quads and dirt bikes banned too.

PS. I think your thumbnail qualifies to be removed:beer

kb0nly
06-01-2012, 03:39 AM
My thumbnail is stationary of the kids sitting on it, not even a key in the ignition, but if you wanted to be that anal then why bother putting up any pics at all on this site??

El Camexican
06-01-2012, 09:06 AM
"All riding pictures or videos posted on the forum whether linked or attached must depict the riders wearing minimal safety gear (This means a helmet). If you post pictures of you or your friends riding without a helmet then theres a fair chance the post will get deleted."

JasonB
06-01-2012, 10:24 AM
RABBLE RABBLE! back on track :D welcome back to the site man!

Sneakers
06-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Yes its awesome to see another member back on board :)

kb0nly
06-01-2012, 12:35 PM
"All riding pictures or videos posted on the forum whether linked or attached must depict the riders wearing minimal safety gear (This means a helmet). If you post pictures of you or your friends riding without a helmet then theres a fair chance the post will get deleted."

Thats nice... My Avatar is NOT a riding pic, aka riding would be MOVING. It's nice to see you guys advocate safety, but if its not required by law, it isn't here, then its the riders choice no matter how bad it is. For the record i always ride with a helmet. I have another picture on here of me sitting but what you don't see is the helmet sitting behind me cause i wasn't moving.

El Camexican
06-01-2012, 01:00 PM
"If you want to have a fit about helmets and ruin the fun family moment so be it."

Say what now?:crazy:

RIDE-RED 250r
06-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Thats nice... My Avatar is NOT a riding pic, aka riding would be MOVING. It's nice to see you guys advocate safety, but if its not required by law, it isn't here, then its the riders choice no matter how bad it is. For the record i always ride with a helmet. I have another picture on here of me sitting but what you don't see is the helmet sitting behind me cause i wasn't moving.

Easy man, he's just citing forum rules. They are what they are. Helmets, or particularly lack of using them is a very touchy subject here. The people that run 3WW are doing their level best to try and put forth a positive image of 3-wheeling and for that matter off road motorsports in general...

Lets not get too fired up about it. :beer

Chazz of Blades
06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
State laws don't matter, this is the internet. It's a LAW of the site, which means no helmets = no pics.

There have been plenty of stationary, and some blatantly not riding pics taken down due to no helmets. You want to skirt the rule, it's been accepted to draw a helmet on or something. There was an awesome glamour shots of a group of friends that was taken down due to that, and two of them were jumping upwards in a Flying W, one was faking a slide, another leaned over forward, all on lined up and stationary machines.

To make a long story short; Nobody understands why helmets are necessary until they need one.

Welcome back, but if you really want to fight against the rules, we may not see much of you around.