PDA

View Full Version : Smith Road- July 4 2012- OTC Grand Champion Rd 4 and Battle Between States Final

TimSr
05-31-2012, 11:39 PM
This event is Round 4 of the OTC Grand Champion Series and will be the Grand Finally Tie Breaker of the Battle Between the States Series.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about988.html

rray62
06-01-2012, 03:27 PM
You guys looked great in round 3. I've covered the date in the vacation book, believe Jeff is in, not sure yet on Michael. If Joe does the filming, do I get double points if I ride my bike one lap then his bike the next? :D

Tri-Z 250
06-01-2012, 09:27 PM
:D The tie breaker is on!! :cool:

Matrix
06-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I recall someone saying "all it would have took is one more rider to change the points by almost forty" or something like that. I can't wait to race on July 4th :D

rray62
06-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I wonder if it would've counted if I carried my frame around the track?

jeff57
06-04-2012, 12:59 PM
im going to be there to for sure my brother will prolly be a last min decision but very doubtful. wait and see though.

TimSr
06-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Coming up soon! Looks like a good turnout. If you are coming, please be sure your name is listed in the OTC Forum signup so that we know whether we need two classes.

TimSr
07-03-2012, 09:00 AM
See you all in the morning! Might be a dust bowl, might be muddy, but either way, starting the day with clean air filter is a really good idea!

TimSr
07-08-2012, 04:33 PM
This wraps up our very first Battle Between the States! I big thanks to our frinds in Kentucky and Pennsylvania for making it a great success!

If any other group would like to host an event at your local track and particpate in this series in 2013, let us know in Dec. when we begin working on next year's schedule.

The final results are posted

"]Battle Between the States Series

Earlywine February 11 - Round 1

Kentucky - 59

Ohio - 26

Pennsylvania - 11

New York - 0

Earlywine February 12 - Round 2

Kentucky - 53

Ohio - 45

Pennsylvania - 6

New York - 0

Smith Road May 28 - Round 3

Kentucky -0

Ohio - 41

Pennsylvania - 30

New York - 0

Smith Road July 4 - Final Round 4

Kentucky -16

Ohio - 17

Pennsylvania - 10

New York - 0

Final Totals

Kentucky - 128

Ohio - 129

Pennsylvania - 47

New York - 0

Team Kentucky
Jeff Berry
Terry Berry
Jason Christian
Matt Heppler
Rob Ray
Alex Strawn
Joe Tolle

Team Ohio
Jason Bockmuller
Brian Chilenski
Marl Dalziel
Steve Sell
Tim Stefanko Jr
Tim Stefanko Sr
Mark Fletchler
Dave Knarr
Nick Wagner
Chris Andrews

Team Pennsylvania
Sam Harkabusic
Nick Hesson

rray62
07-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Aaarrrrrgggggg!!!!! 1 point!!!!!!! :lol:

TimSr
07-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Aaarrrrrgggggg!!!!! 1 point!!!!!!! :lol:

LOL! The real kicker is that it was Sam from team PA that put us up by one. Had he not taken you in the over all, you would have beaten Ohio by 3 points!

rray62
07-09-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm excited that Ky did as well as we did, considering we're a bunch of noobs!!!!!!!!!! You guys are tough!

TimSr
07-10-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm excited that Ky did as well as we did, considering we're a bunch of noobs!!!!!!!!!! You guys are tough!

The scoring was hardly scientific or even fair, but I didn't lose any sleep trying to come up with a new system because the super great thing about racing with you guys is that nobody cares! If it brings a few extra dollars to Earlywine and Smith Rd., and a few extra trikes next time you have a 3 wheeler class there, and a little more appreciation to Joe's video talents, and a few more friends for all of us who know how to ride for fun, and keep the sport positive, everybody comes out a winner!

I look forward to working something out with you guys again in next year's schedule.

Tri-Z 250
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
:TrikesOwnForSure this was an excellent Series...short but effective. I was bummed not to be able to run the 4th. I had to pick and choose the Holiday I would run before the snow melted, giving Momma and the kids equal time. Ray good bustin chops, KY gots hella good riders..the Berry Bros are great competators as well as ATVscene's coverage/1st 3wheeled race,Supercool. Really look forward to a possible Battle between the States II. Lets Git it ON!!:cool:

rray62
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
The scoring was hardly scientific or even fair, but I didn't lose any sleep trying to come up with a new system because the super great thing about racing with you guys is that nobody cares!

Ah, I didn't really care about the scoring. It was just a great opportunity to meet all of you and it was a chance to put on a really good show for everyone else!

TimSr
07-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Ah, I didn't really care about the scoring. It was just a great opportunity to meet all of you and it was a chance to put on a really good show for everyone else!

Thats why we do it! When you see the way people, show genuine interest and appreciation it makes it all worthwhile! I think the fact that we are just backyard racers running vintage junkers makes it a lot more human and attractive to potential newbies. It will be interesting to see how much participation will grow next year. The way those Berry boy's are reproducing, you'll soon be able to fill a gate with their clan alone! We will be in contact when we start working on our 2013 schedule which is usually in December.

TimSr
07-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Jenny wasn't there to shoot, but I got the girls race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_725XKCTgpg

Tri-Z 250
07-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Great Job, Little Ladies!!! What do they serve for dinner at Sam's before race day? The whole family charges hard:lol: