PDA

View Full Version : Malvern - June 16, 2012 - Round 1 - CRA Sanctioned Three Wheeler MX Points Series

TimSr
05-31-2012, 11:42 PM
First race of the CRA Sanctioned 3 Wheeler MX Points Series - Two Classes this year -

Three Wheeler Vintage
Three Wheeler Open.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about981.html

Tri-Z 250
06-05-2012, 05:41 PM
;)I'm not making this one do to a wedding. Gotta say I hate to miss this track...Under the lights(bring new lenses, a must) is exciting itself, but it's the Opener. TPC's Fast Freddy to defend his late run on the #1 CRA/OTC points OVERALL WIN! Can't wait to see who'all makes it in for a jump on the points. A great track to drop the gate on year two of the series fast, perfect conditions(weather permitting)...can't say enough about the experance of under the lights MX. Have a great race!:TrikesOwn

Matrix
06-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Under the lights? Are we racing at night? I might not get my headlight fixed in time, is it mandatory?

Tri-Z 250
06-05-2012, 06:05 PM
No dude!....the track has tons of lights, it is well lit....sure there's some shadows but moto one is late afternoon. Moto two is dusk...depending on where your in the lineup for the day it might be dark. NO LIGHTS on the bike my friend, just your number plate. This track is nothing like SmithRd, it is perfect soil...super groomed. Check out some old race video you'll see...Big tabletops and I hope they kept the must do uphill double/ or triple(aka the Jensen tripple...he put his name on that one). Trust me nothing scary about this track but it favors speed and flow. It may push your ablity to land the back side. You'll soon find it's easier and faster to gap it at speed and hammer that back strech.

Matrix
06-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Awesome, if I get my trike 100% back together before this weekend I should get some jump time in (still learning) and be ready for malvern!

Tri-Z 250
06-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Rule of thumb when jumping...Keep your knees bent body in a neutral position, stay on the gas off the lip, pull the machine to you. 2strokes are more forgiving when letting off the gas mid flight...4strokes have a tendency to dive the front tire a bit. Before you land pull-up and lay into the power to keep speed and the front end up. After you get a feel preload the suspension by flexing or push down just before the lip...watch-out as this will give you more height which can sometimes work against you if your position is to far forward(best to be back). Too far back will cause the machine to get high in front...front break, or rear lockup can sometimes safe the loop out. Malvern's obsticals are large in nature but don't let that get to you. The tops are long on the tables and the uphill is easy because your coming down the long straight WFO! You can let the hill suck some of the speed or like me on the 200X, keep 3rd pinned and nose it in over the double nice and easy. This is a good track to get your feet wet...really wide, nice rt hand start with pleanty of room. The pack spreads out quick and by the back section the big motors get there roll-on. Getting done late is a bummer but the night under the lights MX style just plain rules.

Matrix
06-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Getting done late is a bummer but the night under the lights MX style just plain rules.

That sounds awesome. I have been getting more confident with my jumping ability so I should be fine on the easy ones. So far I think my height record is only a few feet but for a newb that is awesome. Especially when you travel upwards or more than 10 feet through the air :D

Tri-Z 250
06-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I found in racing that latching on or tailing a faster rider helps. In practice hold it on, believe in your ablities and follow a faster rider. If he can make it and your at the same speed you'll clear it too. I did this very move at my frist Malvern. Thanks to ATC Tim I was able to judge my speed for one of the middle tables...front to back makes things a lot easier and you keep speed. MotorCross is pushing your comfert zone which makes for a larger zone to ride in. Get your machine dialed in shake it out and go over the bolts in the axle/suspension areas to insure your safety. Remember that brakes are the most important part to going fast. Late breaking and corner cutting sometimes leads to faster laps...for the 200X rider...you need every advantage, cause your not blowing anyone away down the straight.

TimSr
06-09-2012, 01:46 PM
;)I'm not making this one do to a wedding. Gotta say I hate to miss this track...Under the lights(bring new lenses, a must) is exciting itself, but it's the Opener. TPC's Fast Freddy to defend his late run on the #1 CRA/OTC points OVERALL WIN! Can't wait to see who'all makes it in for a jump on the points. A great track to drop the gate on year two of the series fast, perfect conditions(weather permitting)...can't say enough about the experance of under the lights MX. Have a great race!:TrikesOwn

Last year someone did a wedding at Malvern, You CAN combine the two, you know! We'll be missing you there.

Matrix, hope you make it. Its a really fun track for easy air. Be sure to sign up on the OTC Forum if you're going to make it.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/2010%20Malvern%20October%2030/1075165261_CmWPS-XL.jpg

Tri-Z 250
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Sr. great example of GOOD body position...notice how Jr has his body in a netural position slightly to the rear of the seat. He's weightless but yet excepting the trike to come to him in an upwards motion. Just before the landing he'll pull himself to the bars as the trike becomes overtaken by gravity. The natural move on the bars will loft the front a bit and force the rears to the ground, with the gas on. I have been informed I may have a window to make the gate (200X)...I'm not holding my breath as Momma could pull the card. If anything this one would be strickly fun and not for points for me. The lack of power puts me at less than halfpack...so if I'm dead last, I'm still gonna smile.

TimSr
06-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Update - The OTC Group has decided that we will run the CRA Series as one class this year due to changes in the group makeup, and nearly all being within the same class level, so if you should come, everyone is signing up for 3 Wheeler Open which is in their system, so as not to complicate matters.

Everyone will be running in one class - 3 Wheeler Open.