PDA

View Full Version : please help a member in need

just ben
06-02-2012, 12:10 AM
A good friend of mine(I met here) sent me a text the other day asking if I knew anyone that would be interested in his 85 tecate (that I built) I knew he was going through some hard times since his wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer which is tough in itself. He is a school teacher and long story short his benefits, thanks to the teachers union were cut,making him responsible for 35% of all medical costs. I don't want mention names, if he wants it to be known he will speak up. He has no idea (as of now) that I started this thread but when I asked him if there was anything I could do to help he said "nothing anyone can do, I just need to sell everything". I don't expect to collect much but if you can help at all please do.If it's only enough to pay a gas bill for a month it still helps.If you can donate anything,even a buck or two please send payment to benmeyer4@yahoo.com If you don't use paypal and wish to donate please pm me to make other arrangements. Thanks in advance guys,Ben

CRAZY70MAN
06-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Had to re fund my paypal. I will shoot ya some cash over when it posts to my account. Hope the best for your friend. Good to see he has friends like you to help him through the rough times.

just ben
06-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Thanks crazy man.

gus
06-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Maybe you can put the trike on ebay? I now it might or will be a hassle but its worth a shot?

just ben
06-02-2012, 02:11 PM
when I talked with him last night he said he is really trying to hold on to it and he hasn't listed it anywhere yet. Right now he is just really frustrated and trying to come up with ways to get some quick cash. If he does decide for sure to part with it I think I can get it to trikefest.

atc007
06-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Question was answered here,,But,Did you get my email this morning Ben? Most all of my 3WW emails go to spam?

just ben
06-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Question was answered here,,But,Did you get my email this morning Ben? Most all of my 3WW emails go to spam?I did get the email bill but I was on my phone when I did and is the reason I didn't email back.(flip phone) Thank you for the kind words ,I would do the same for anyone that is in need just as you have in the past. his situation really hits home with me since I went through it a little over two years ago. We didn't get hit with medical bills as my friend is but we were on one income for 8 weeks. When it was us in this spot we had some anonymous donations that weren't alot but made a huge difference to us.

just ben
06-04-2012, 07:50 AM
bump for a good cause. I have forwarded the donations that have come in so far along with my donation.He and his wife are very grateful and absolutely amazed that anyone would try to help him out. Thank you for all that have donated. any more donations that come in will also be forwarded to him right away.