PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with this?

mandoliningman
06-03-2012, 04:49 PM
I have an 81 110 it was running great! I parked it for a month and now it wont spark! I broke down all the electrical components to it and cleaned and sandpapered the rust and corrosion away. New plug. I mean I been through it all! And Still no spark!!! :crazy:HELP! It was running so good to.:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:
Thanks

Ok I guess the plug was bad after hours of testing wires and cleaning everything!!! I just got the plug and ran it a few miles...then I parked it for a month and the plug crapped out!?!:crazy: Runs like a champ again with a new plug. Ever heard of a plug up and quitting SO WIERD

So I go to put air in the tire and the valve stem breaks...Just my luck!!

WJG1000W
06-04-2012, 08:01 PM
did the fly wheel shear a pin

tri again
06-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I have an 81 110 it was running great! I parked it for a month and now it wont spark! I broke down all the electrical components to it and cleaned and sandpapered the rust and corrosion away. New plug. I mean I been through it all! And Still no spark!!! :crazy:HELP! It was running so good to.:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:
Thanks

Coil mount to frame nice and clean?

Sometimes, the last 1/4 inch of the plug wire gets corroded and
if you can nip off the last little bit and rescrew the spark plug cap on it may be the answer.

That plug cap is also some sort of resistor that can crap out.
See if you have spark with just the plug wire to the engine, no cap.

service manual

should be lit up and get you free manual.

also search key is working like a dream these days.

try "110 no spark"
or just read anything that says no spark.

Keep us posted.
kill switch ok?
Bugs love to nest in there.
cdi plug pushing out the back?

spark advancer stuck in advance position?

by no spark you mean no spark to the plug, right?