PDA

View Full Version : A newbie to trikefest, what should i bring?

Matrix
06-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I'll get my trike, gas, gear and clothes. Should I bring a tent, food, drinks and etc..?

What is a normal checklist for you senior members?

thestud25
06-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Tent, sleeping gear, lantern, cooler, bug spray, sun screen, and anything else you can't live without.

Matrix
06-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Oh, I thought it would be like camping but I kept over thinking it.. I'll stop thinking so much. Thanks for the answer.

Louis Mielke
06-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Check my PM bud.

Xowner
06-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Hahaha you never gonna be the same!!!!

Xowner
06-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Better get those brakes fixed too! How old are you man? Should i bring some coloring books for you? LOL

Matrix
06-05-2012, 08:06 PM
How old are you man? Should i bring some coloring books for you? LOL

You know I was really going to pack some food and snacks that only normal people eat but if you're coming maybe I should just bring a Dairy Queen instead :lol: :beer

On a more serious note, are you coming? And I am repairing my brakes again. Couldn't bleed them right the first time without a bleeder kit and kept my 250r pads on them which were worn as you all seen. Throwing my brand new ones on tonight and bleeding tomorrow. My whole trike is torn down as of right now. Going to clean it completely and put it back together so I know that everything is where it should be.

Tri-Z 250
06-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Good machine/race ready is a must...basic tools(plug,chain stuff, a basic tackel box of wrenches, chain lube). Bring rain gear, muck-muck boots, rain/sun shelter(pop-up) if ya got it. Food is what you think...grills will be lit all around; most won't mind after their done, using the coles. You should bring pleanty of water to drink but I always bring a jug or two of hose water for washing and general cleanup(5gal each). Camping in a common group of this nature may lend itself to the barrowed tool, but don't expect a parts store.

Xowner
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
You know I was really going to pack some food and snacks that only normal people eat but if you're coming maybe I should just bring a Dairy Queen instead :lol: :beer

On a more serious note, are you coming? And I am repairing my brakes again. Couldn't bleed them right the first time without a bleeder kit and kept my 250r pads on them which were worn as you all seen. Throwing my brand new ones on tonight and bleeding tomorrow. My whole trike is torn down as of right now. Going to clean it completely and put it back together so I know that everything is where it should be.

Haha, you will fit in good. Yes i'm coming. You better get that 200x tuned up. As far as tools no need for you to bring any louis will have everything you need. Spare parts for your bike yes bring some of those for sure. Get that thing together and do a shake down run.!!!!

Matrix
06-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Get that thing together and do a shake down run.!!!!

Is Malvern good enough for a test run :D :lol:

mollie8000
06-06-2012, 10:03 PM
bring a friend and they will thank you later

Tri-Z 250
06-06-2012, 10:17 PM
bring a friend and they will thank you later
I think I saw this slogan on a stripbar once.....and YES Malvern will test the machine.

Billy Golightly
06-06-2012, 10:21 PM
You'll never be the same...thats all I can say, ha.

jrwebb8324
06-06-2012, 10:50 PM
is there room for small pull type campers or is tent a better idea?

Louis Mielke
06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
There's plenty of room for whatever camper you want to show up with.

110klt
06-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Guess I floated around 3WW for a while now and this section never caught my eye till hoosierlogger started talking about it. Now that I'm here I am considering this for a father son trip for my son that would be 14 next year. And reading the slogan above I am hoping he will thank me later and keep the memory for a lifetime.

OK is the camping at a campground where there are facilities like shower, toilet, electric, water?

Or is it pop a squat where you can like Woodstock? with portapoties?

jeswinehart
06-09-2012, 04:13 PM
110Klt, you may camp where ever you you want too @ Haspin Acres, anywhere literally.
Now with that said you get so far back there, down a holler or two, and it rains well you will be back there till it drys up ~ perioud. It is clay ground around there and you will hear the term "clayment" more then once I am sure.
The shower/bath room facilities are acceptable and towards the end of the week end, well it gets a little ruff but a heck of a lot better then other places I have been that offer nothing.
3ww has and will continue to have 2 porta potties delivered/serviced in the main camping area to save the 400 yard dash to the main faculties.
All rustic type camping (no electric). 3ww group DOMINATES the main camping area and there is plenty of room to do so. I personally prefer to be with main group for commodity,convenience of facilities and knowing if I need help with something, help is close at hand.
I offer free fresh brew coffee each and every morning to anyone, don't matter if i like you or not, I will serve you up coffee ,,,, you too drkcyde if your reading (not that I particularly like you but I don't reckon it will get any worse, hopefully)
http://www.haspinacres.com/

There may or may not be a discount for us this year, all you can do is ask when signing in. Be sure to mention you are with Billy + Howdy and the rest of the 3WheelerWorld TrikeFest gang.
Look forward to meeting you guys, I will be on left as you enter main camping area (AlkyHill). There will be a kids three wheeler strapped to somebodys roof top in my camp area.

110klt
06-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Sounds like I need to strip out my cargo work van and bring a tent also. Did this before for a car club event and well she isn't pretty but it really does the job as far as hauling stuff. Other than that sounds like a great time.....

Making plans for 2013 now just too short of notice for this year but will be checking out all the pictures and post..

jeswinehart
06-09-2012, 05:14 PM
hahaha, that is my tomorrow Sunday plans for my cargo van. Remove all the scuba diving gear, take the hose and scrub brush the inside, let dry + start loading :)
Other then triking or diving, this van just sits on standby.
Lord willing I will be there in 2013 with fresh brewed morning coffee for all, see you then friend.
john

mollie8000
06-12-2012, 10:34 PM
if the weather is good a tent is great,no one goes hungry if im there.call upon if needed